cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WuaiBelRee
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Site Advisor is gone

I joyfully used Site Advisor ever since I recieved McAfee protection for my computer, but a little while ago I did something that must have deactivated or deleted Site Advisor, because it is no longer one of my IE8 toolbars and there are no icons next to search results anymore. Is there a way I can reactivate site advisor through my McAfee Security Center?

I do not know what I did to make Site Advisor go away. All I ever recall doing before I lost it was going into Tools and deleting temporary internet files and cookies.
5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

RE: Site Advisor is gone

Check your browser Tools/Manage Add-ons to see if it has been accidentally disabled.

Go to Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs (XP), Programs/Uninstall a Program (Vista) and, if it is listed remove it.

If you see only "McAfee Security Center" listed, click the uninstall button for that and, when the subsequent menu appears asking what components to remove, if it is listed remove it.

Reboot then re-download either from you account (if it's part of your suite) using the Customize option in the installer. Only install it.
Or go to http://www.siteadvisor.com and download it from there.
WuaiBelRee
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

I went into Tools>Manage Add-Ons, McAfee Site Advisor Toolbar and McAfee Site Advisor BHO were disabled, but I enabled them again. Though they are listed as enabled, the toolbar is still missing and no icons are listed next to Google search results.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

Then go through the uninstall/reinstall routine I outlined above.
WuaiBelRee
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Alright, I've got it back up and running again. Thanks.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

That's great. Good luck.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community