cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nehalreads
Former Member
Message 101 of 134

Re: Site Advisor browser button is always gray?

Jump to solution

Hi jmckee,

The gray colour which your stating for your own website's ??

csc32
Former Member
Message 102 of 134

Jump to solution

Nehal,

To answer your questions go back to the beginning of this thread and read it through.

The problem was reported six weeks ago and this thread has been viewed over 4,400  times which indicates many are experiencing SiteAdvisor not working.

Capture norton.JPG

Capture norton2.JPG

McAfee SiteAdvisor box is Grey and no safety icons displayed.  Norton Safe Web box is Green as is Web of Trust (the Green circle).

-csc32

Message was edited by: csc32 on 3/25/13 12:06:00 PM CDT
jmckee
Contributor III
Message 103 of 134

Jump to solution

I do not have any web sites. Just now , I was at paidviewpoint.com , instantcashsweepstakes , and this site. The first 2 were showing the SA button as green , while this site was gray. After 5+ minutes , the button went green for this site.

Nehal Jojo Jacob wrote:

Hi jmckee,

The gray colour which your stating for your own website's ??

nehalreads
Former Member
Message 104 of 134

Jump to solution

Hi csc32 , jmckee

Let me discuss with my site advisor team and i will come back soon. Thank you for letting us know. But , let me know whether you guys already uninstall McAfee siteadvisor alone and  reinstall it from www.siteadvior.com

user_153650
Former Member
Message 105 of 134

Jump to solution

Thank you for your input, jmckee. 

"So , it is clearly an issue between SA and VS, possibly the firewall."

That's kind of what Hayton thought earlier n this thread.  I 'm running VS+ too, and my Site Advisor button is grey no matter what.  I did get it to work briefly, using 1 of Hayton's earlier suggestions, but once I rebooted, all has remained as I indicated in my initial post

user_153650
Former Member
Message 106 of 134

Jump to solution

Nehal,

Go back to my original post, and to quote csc32, "To answer your questions go back to the beginning of this thread and read it through."

Many of us are having this problem, and have had it for several months now.  We've interfaced with several McAfee Support Personnel, (most notably Hayton), but to-date (3/26/13), no one has come up with a solution that works for all of us 

This issue has supposedly already been brought to to McAfee's, "higher echelon's" attention.  Thank you for your interest; it never hurts to have another "supporter" on our side, as long as you've read through the entire thread, so you know what you're talking about!

'LizBeth

user_153650
Former Member
Message 107 of 134

Jump to solution

Hi Nehal,

Again, please read through the entire thread?!   We have all tried various things, all to no avail.  It's a McAfee problem, somehow, somewhere  . . .  not ours; please figure it out, and soon!!!

'LizBeth

jmckee
Contributor III
Message 108 of 134

Jump to solution

Nehal Jojo Jacob wrote:

Hi csc32 , jmckee

Let me discuss with my site advisor team and i will come back soon. Thank you for letting us know. But , let me know whether you guys already uninstall McAfee siteadvisor alone and  reinstall it from www.siteadvior.com

Been there , done that several times.

mattlucky
Former Member
Message 109 of 134

Jump to solution

I might add  that the SA team is working on it. The team has contacted several SA users, who are having this problem, to let them do some tests .

The results of these tests were send back to the SA team for evaluation. So let's just wait for these results.

user_153650
Former Member
Message 110 of 134

Jump to solution

There was a firewall update in Virus Scan Plus today (13.1.127), but so far I don't see any change in Site Advisor.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community