cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_153650
Former Member
Message 81 of 134

Re: Site Advisor browser button is always gray?

Jump to solution

I too have run the Virtual Technician (yet again); it says all is well. 

I have also re-enabled SSL under the SA Options, since disabling it didn't fix anything. 

Sure wish McAfee could find a solution to this!!!

jess1ca
Former Member
Message 82 of 134

Jump to solution

Hi guys. I thought I would not have to be here anymore. But the colour on the SiteAdvisor button has gone AWOL again. I thought that the SSL checkbox would mean the end of my problems.

user_153650
Former Member
Message 83 of 134

Jump to solution

Sorry to hear that, Jess1ca . . . hopefully someone from McAfee will figure this out soon. 

rick210
Former Member
Message 84 of 134

Jump to solution

Hello, I also have Windows XP with SP3 and had the same problem you had plus when I would update Mcafee it would just get stuck updating and locking out the internet.  After researching someone posted about intrusion detection under firewall was the problem for mcafee update hang time. I unchecked it and it fixed my siteadvisor and the mcafee update. It's worth a try.

user_153650
Former Member
Message 85 of 134

Jump to solution

Thanks, Rick210.  I have tried that, and it worked, but only until the next re-boot.  I hope you have better success than I did!  Keep us posted.

Message was edited by: 'LizBeth on 3/16/13 10:23:01 PM EDT
jess1ca
Former Member
Message 86 of 134

Jump to solution

Yeah. I hope they do. But for some reason, the colour is back again. It's getting a bit confusing. But I guess I shouldn't be complaining. Heh.

csc32
Former Member
Message 87 of 134

Jump to solution

This thread has been quite for several days so I thought I would report on the status of Siteadvisor on my machine.

Yesterday (Friday), for the first time this week the Siteadvisor box was Green and the safety icons displayed.

Today, it is back to Grey.

As a test I installed two similar products, Norton Safe Web Lite and  Web of Trust.

Capture norton.JPG

Capture norton2.JPG

As you can see Norton and WOT (the green circle) are both functioning correctly.

McAfee is still Grey and NOT displaying safety icons.

This should be sufficient to show that McAfee owns this problem and they are the only ones that can resolve it.

Hopefully, they will do so.

-csc32.

Message was edited by: csc32 on 3/23/13 10:54:47 AM CDT
nehalreads
Former Member
Message 88 of 134

Jump to solution

Hello guys,

After viewing this thread ; I'm really confused. Is there any one facing an issue with McAfee siteadvisor ??. If then , Have you guys tried to reinstall it from www.siteadvisor.com. !!

user_153650
Former Member
Message 89 of 134

Jump to solution

Thanks for your update, csc32.  Hopefully so, and soon!!!

Message was edited by: 'LizBeth on 3/24/13 12:46:48 AM EDT
user_153650
Former Member
Message 90 of 134

Jump to solution

Nehal,

We are all having problems with Site Advisor; this is the subject of the thread.  And yes, many of us have tried to reinstall Site Advisor from the link above, but still with the same results. 

'LizBeth

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community