Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 1 of 7

Site Advisor and Internet Explorer 11

My Build was just updated to (3.7.0.110). All features are functioning just fine....

Although it is most definitely one,s perogative, for the sake of me. I cannot comprehend the fact one would not allow Technical Support to access their system, to resolve issues one may have. Especially when it is being accessed by the very Company/Product that one entrusts for their "Total Security".

Just My Honest Opinion,

Regards,

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
6 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Re: Site Advisor and Internet Explorer 11

Correction on the Site Advisor ( Version/Build)  should be   (3.7.1.110)

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 7

My Site Advisor version is 3.7.0.193 and it was updated on July 9th

I checked and the website told me it is the latest version available but because my software was purchased via Dell it may be slightly different than via McAfee direct.

In any event it works quite well.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 7

They usually lag behind a bit, I was updated to that Version on 7/2/2014 , so you weren,t too far behind. I actually was surprised that the Version changed so quickly, being that was only (9) days ago.

You were correct in my affld:0  via direct from McAfee.

So expect to hopefully receive the 3.7.1.110 Version soon..hopefully.

Glad it is functioning well also .....

All the best,

Regards,

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 7

I,ve also in my experiences of clicking on (About) in Site Advisor, it displays the most recent Version installed,and claims that you are current and no reason to upgrade. Such is the case here, In other words it is difficult to determine when the (Newer) Version/Build will be silently installed.

Lots of times, I haven,t realized such,until I have restarted to complete the (Silent) installation. Such is true with the Upgrade of other features as well. They just happen,when they happen, due to being throttled.....

Just thought I would add that

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
thecreator
Contributor II
Message 6 of 7

catdaddy wrote:

I,ve also in my experiences of clicking on (About) in Site Advisor, it displays the most recent Version installed,and claims that you are current and no reason to upgrade. Such is the case here, In other words it is difficult to determine when the (Newer) Version/Build will be silently installed.

Lots of times, I haven,t realized such,until I have restarted to complete the (Silent) installation. Such is true with the Upgrade of other features as well. They just happen,when they happen, due to being throttled.....

Just thought I would add that

Hi catdaddy (Cliff),

My highest version of SiteAdvisor is 3.70.0.193, but on a couple of computers, it goes up just to 3.70.0.190. The affId is 7 on some and 0 on others.

And still not installing in WaterFox or in FireFox Nightly. Both 64-bit  Pure Browsers.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

Hi the creator,

As I stipulated in my other post. My most current version is ( 3.7.1.110). As for the indifference in installing in (WaterFox-FireFox Nightly) is best to ask Doug/or the Site Advisor Dev,s. All I can do is purportedly acclaim that in (Internet Explorer 11) what my actual current/most recent Version is.

This is yet another example, of why I stick with Internet Explorer....JMHO.

There always seems to be a issue with (Add-ons-Plug-ins) with FireFox. Maybe that is the primary reason that their percentage of the Market share has continued to decline?

If needed, I will provide a capture of my Version.....

I might add in addition..."One that has a Perfect Memory"

Sincerely,

Cliff

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 7/12/14 6:48:27 PM EDT
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community