Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 24

Re: Site Advisor affecting Yahoo Mail

I'll pass that on.  The call is at 4pm EST.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 24

I heard from a Tier III person....who I have reminded to check the resizing issue as well

I was able to
reproduce this issue on my home system; you can’t drag & drop emails from
folder to folder with the SA Add-on enabled in Firefox, but you can when SA is
disabled.

I filed a bug
on this issue this morning

Edit:  The resizing was included in the bug apparently.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 18/01/11 11:51:26 EST AM
billseymour
Former Member
Message 13 of 24

Peter-

Thanks for your activity and on the update. While it is unfortunate there is a problem at all, it is good that the Tier3 was able to reproduce it and filed a bug issue (on both the email drag, and Reading Pane resize issues).

So apparently v3.3 is the problem version, while the earlier version 3.2.0.152 that the Tier2 installed on my computer works fine.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 24

Yes, it seems they fix one thing only to cause another.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 24

I'm told this has been fixed, however it takes a while to filter down through all servers.   So try to bear with us on this.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 24/01/11 4:27:53 EST PM
billseymour
Former Member
Message 16 of 24

Thanks, good to hear. I will continue to use the older (non problem) version that Tech installed for now. Is there some way to determine when it is OK to accept an update, or is this a matter of waiting for some period of time and just assuming that the correction has been implemented?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 24

I would imagine it's OK to accept an update now, not that one can control that as SiteAdvisor updates separately from SecurityCenter and usually does it silently, execpt on the odd occasion it asks for a reboot.

If the problem resurfaces then I would uninstall it and start over with a fresh copy.

billseymour
Former Member
Message 18 of 24

I accepted the 1/25/11 update, which put SA 3.3.0.176 on my system. Once again, problem recurs: cannot drag-drop email into folders, cannot drag-resize reading pane.

I uninstalled this SA.

I reinstalled a fresh SA, which was (yes) 3.3.0.176. Problem persists.

Please pass this Unresolved problem along to McAfee. (I am looking for alternatives to SA, and I see no point in repeating yet another session with McA Tech Support on this issue).

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 19 of 24

OK will do so immediately.

billseymour
Former Member
Message 20 of 24

Thanks, Peter.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community