Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yowza1
Contributor III
Message 1 of 10

Site Advisor Toolbar can't be seen as of 3/9/11 Windows 7 IE8

Jump to solution

My default search engine is Bing.  The SiteAdvisor Toolbar was always present until 3/9/11 when McAfee Installed new product upgrade (provided through ATT Internet Security Suite powered by McAfee) withversion 3.3.0 Site Advisor.  I have 64-bit Windows 7 and Ie8, and tried deleting and reinstalling Site Advisor several times both for 64-bit and 32-bit, but I am unable to get the Site Advisor Toolbar back.  This particular machine is on a wireless home network and McAfee says that Site Advisor is installed and enabled, but nowhere to be seen.  i have tried switching Yahoo and Google search engines, but still no Site Advisor Toolbar.

Can anyone help?  i would greatly appreciate it....

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
yowza1
Contributor III
Message 10 of 10

Re: Site Advisor Toolbar can't be seen as of 3/9/11 Windows 7 IE8

Jump to solution

I was able to contact Tier 2 support, who found that I needed to enable thrd-party cookies for Site Advisor to be seen in IE8.

I want to thank everyone for for all their assistance.

Message was edited by: yowza1 on 3/25/11 1:40:20 PM CDT

View solution in original post

9 Replies
newjack
Former Member
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

Try this.Open IE up.Then click on tools.Then manage add ons.See if the 3 site advisor items are disabled in there.IF they are enable them and restart the browser.This happened to me once when i reset the settings.

yowza1
Contributor III
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

Thanks for responding...All Site Advisor add ons are enabled.  Several times I even disabled them, rebooted, and enabled...still no toolbar.

newjack
Former Member
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

OK then try this.Go to control panal.Then uninstall program.Highlight mcafee and click uninstall.A window will pop up asking if you want to uninstall.There will be a box to check that says only uninstall site advisor.

check that box.when it uninstalls then reinstall site advisor.Hopfully this will work.maybe after it uninstalls reboot first.

here is the 32bit version https://sadownload.mcafee.com/products/SA/IE/upgrade/3.3.1/32/saUpgrade32.exe

here is the 64bit version https://sadownload.mcafee.com/products/SA/IE/upgrade/3.3.1/64/saUpgrade64.exe

Message was edited by: newjack on 3/24/11 7:32:39 PM EDT

Message was edited by: newjack on 3/24/11 7:35:22 PM EDT
jaymfe
Former Member
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

Please try to enable Site Advisor tool bar by right click below the address bar of Internet Explorer.

sa1.JPG

Make sure to select all the options.

sa2.JPG

yowza1
Contributor III
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Ok...I did the uninstall via Control Panel (prior i had gone to Program  Files x86 to uninstall via icon in the McAfee directory.)  I rebooted and the Add On files were gone--only scriptproxy was still enabled.  Did the reboot, installed 64-bit, it showed in Add on, but was still not in IE toolbar.  Rebooted.  Still not there.

When I do the "right click" below address bar and the McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar is not listed.  Unter the Add Ons it is Enabled. And Mcafee says it is installed.

Thanks again for responding...

newjack
Former Member
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

did you download again?The links are in post 4.If it is still not working try the Mcafee virtual tech found here.

http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS

jaymfe
Former Member
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

Okay, please get in touch with Free Technical support and allow them to remotely access your computer to fix this issue.

http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS

JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi,

You can also log on to the following site: www.siteadvisor.com to download the free version of Site Advisor as shown:

SA 1.JPG

Also once after installing the SA, make sure the Yahoo tool bar and Yahoo BHO is enabled under manage add-ons on your internet explorer.

yowza1
Contributor III
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

I was able to contact Tier 2 support, who found that I needed to enable thrd-party cookies for Site Advisor to be seen in IE8.

I want to thank everyone for for all their assistance.

Message was edited by: yowza1 on 3/25/11 1:40:20 PM CDT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community