Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dano951
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

Site Advisor Protected Mode Password

Jump to solution

I use total protection and I have a question about site advisor.  How do I change the protected mode password?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

Re: Site Advisor Protected Mode Password

Jump to solution

If it was installed as part of a suite then click on that item in your Program list and click Uninstall.  You'll be given a choice of which component to uninstall.

Likewise when you go to reinstall from your account or from http://www.siteadvisor.com

View solution in original post

7 Replies
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

and they should be able to help you.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

Either what Tom suggested or, from past posts, I think you could solve it by simply uninstalling Siteadvisor and reinstalling it, that will overwrite any settings.  There is no facility for changing the password.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/12/11 5:27:02 EST PM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

dano951 did you get it done OK?

dano951
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

I haven't actually tried yet, but you can consider the question answered. There doesn't seem to be a way to just uninstall siteadvisor. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the whole thing before, so I can do that. My notebook, which I alone use,  never gets infected with anything. The work computer, which gets used by four adults and a four year old, frequently gets infected with viruses and tracking cookies. I think what might be happening is that the adults are overriding siteadvisor sometimes. They watch shows from India on sites that are risky. It is their computer, so I am hesitant  to change the password to one they don't know.  However, McAfee's ratings on CNET have dropped quite a bit, I might switch to Avast. Thanks.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

If it was installed as part of a suite then click on that item in your Program list and click Uninstall.  You'll be given a choice of which component to uninstall.

Likewise when you go to reinstall from your account or from http://www.siteadvisor.com

dano951
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

Found it.  Thanks.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Good.  All the best. 😉

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community