cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MsMadison
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Site Advisor Plus Won't Stay Put on Toolbar

I'm running IE7 on an XP. I had been using the Site Advisor free plug-in and I had no problems placing it on the toolbar wherever I wanted.

But now I have Total Protection with Site Advisor Plus and no matter what I do, I can't get Site Advisor to stay where I want it. I unlock the toolbar, move Site Advisor to where I want it, and then lock the toolbar. But when I open IE7 or refresh the page, it moves Site Advisor back to a new line (taking up an entire line).

Any ideas?
3 Replies
BastiaanR
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

RE: Site Advisor Plus Won't Stay Put on Toolbar

I've never heard of being able to manually place the SiteAdvisor "button" (free or Plus version) - as far as I know it always returns to its default location.
phantazm
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

RE: Site Advisor Plus Won't Stay Put on Toolbar

I only have the basic version of Siteadvisor - but I have not had any problems moving the SA icon around. Neither in IE6 or IE7. So, it looks as if it's the plus version causing trouble...

Or you could rearrange the other elements, and see if it helps...
MsMadison
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

I fixed it

Apparently, it was my Netcraft toolbar that was being difficult. To fix it, I
1. Removed the Netcraft toolbar from View --> Toolbars
2. Disabled the Netcraft toolbar from Tools --> Manage Add-ons
3. Closed IE7; opened IE7
4. Unlocked toolbars; moved SiteAdvisor to where I wanted it (on the same line as my other short toolbars); locked toolbars
5. Closed IE7; opened IE7
6. Enabled the Netcraft toolbar from Tools --> Manage Add-ons
7. Added the Netcraft toolbar from View --> Toolbars

I just wanted to post how I fixed it in case anyone else has a similar problem with Netcraft or other toolbars interfering with the placement of the SiteAdvisor toolbar. I don't know which of the steps were necessary in fixing it and which weren't, but this worked for me. Apparently, Netcraft insists on being added last.

Madison
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community