cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flamingstream
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Site Advisor Live Popup

Every few pages this pop-up appears.  I really am unsure what it is for as there are two bullets which do not bullet anything.  Also a checkbox with no description.  Assuming I am savvy enough to not click on Finish without assurance it is McAfee I just sink it below the task bar and eventually it disappears only to reappear later. 

I have tried to highlight the box to see if it has wording in there with white letters or something like that.

McAfee

Site Advisor live is not in control panel ... The only McAfee products are Security Scan Plus and Total Protection.

Site Advisor is working and critiquing my searches and doing the random warnings about going to unsavory pages.

Message was edited by: flamingstream on 7/24/13 12:44:15 PM CDT
2 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

Re: Site Advisor Live Popup

Security Scan Plus is not needed and can be uninstalled via Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program (Add or Remove Programs in XP).  It is a sales tool that is an optional download with 3rd party software such as Adobe products amongst others.

Blank interfaces are usually cause by some sort of script failure involving Internet Explorer, which despit your default browser settings, is used by McAfee for display purposesd.

Check this article for help:  TS101233

Siteadvisor is part of Total Protection and is meant to protect you against dangerous websites.  If you wish to disable it, you can, simply go to your browser add-ons.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 24/07/13 2:10:17 EDT PM
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Site Advisor Live Popup

Fix the IE-related non-display problem to show some text and I bet you'll find this is a "Do You Want To Upgrade To SiteAdvisor Live" marketing pop-up. A pound to a penny says that's what it is.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community