cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Site Advisor Issue!

Hi there,

I am having a couple of issues with Site Advisory. I am running the latest version of site advisory. The errors are as follows:

Internet Explorer stops working

Faulting application name: IEXPLORE.EXE, version: 11.0.9600.17689, time stamp: 0x54e68526

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000

Faulting process id: 0x15e0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d06ab2ba47de7c

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: 5054a71b-d6a6-11e4-b1cb-9cb654a51f95

Another issue is that you will be typing something on internet explorer and all of a sudden the field you are typing loses its focus and you stop writing in the text field.

Any help?             

2 Replies
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Site Advisor Issue!

It looks like you have an issue with the browser not with siteadvisor- i would recommend you check below page/forum for assistance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/314604-ie11-address-bar-loses-focus-while-typing.html

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Site Advisor Issue!

Hi 1006,

You've posted this in the Consumer section for SiteAdvisor but I see from your profile you're a long-time member of the McAfee Community and your posts are usually in the Business section. So I'm assuming this is a potential problem with SiteAdvisor Enterprise that's crashing IE11. If that is the case, there's a thread in the Business section that might give the answer to your problem -

The crash particulars as given in that thread are not quite the same as the ones you've posted, so your problem may need more investigation - a crash dump might be needed, and you may need to ask for advice on one of the Microsoft forum sections (see this thread for the right place to go to, and the sort of information you'll need to provide). A crash with error code 0xC5 is a memory violation, and that could be the result of a conflict with almost anything - Flash in IE is sometimes the culprit. If you've got EMET running on your system you might need to tweak the settings for IE. But first, see if the information in the McAfee thread I've linked to is relevant.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community