cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cameroncapital
Former Member
Message 1 of 26

Site Advisor Icon

Is there any way to move that stupid Site Advisor Icon in IE7? It takes up a full tool bar of valuable real estate! Hmmm - real estate - maybe I can bill McAfee for advertising (just kidding). In IE6 it shoves it off on the right of one of the exiting bars.
Mike
25 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 26

RE: Site Advisor Icon

Yes, just right-click the toolbar area and unlock it, then drag it wherever you want it.
Then lock the toolbars again.
cameroncapital
Former Member
Message 3 of 26

Site Advisor Icon

My toolbar is not locked and any clicking on the icon (except the little opton arrow) opens up the Site Avisor web site.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 26

If your toolbars are unlocked then there should be a dotted line to the left of SiteAdvisor which you can click on and drag. Hover over it until you see a double-ended arrow and then left-click.

See thumbnail.
cameroncapital
Former Member
Message 5 of 26

Site Advisor Icon

It's actually a solid vertical line, just like on the other tool bars (which you use to change the size of the icon area). Holding the mouse over it shows the double arrow cursor, as other toolbars, but you can't drag it anywhere or change the size to the left of the bar (which is basically nothing).
Mike
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 26

If it's solid then you must have your toolbars locked. I have IE7 in both Vista and XP and I just dragged the SA icon all over the place in both, so not sure what's wrong in your case.
I attach a pic of where it's situated on my screen(s) (all the same). You can enlist SiteAdvisor's help here: http://www.siteadvisor.com/userfeedback.html

I will add that occasionally XP acts up and it goes back to where it originated and in Firefox it wont stay anywhere but the default position, for me anyway.
loosoft
Former Member
Message 7 of 26

I have unlocked the toolbars and I can drag the icon where I want. However, after restarting IE7, the icon is on it's original spot, taking a whole line again.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 26

You might want to submit it as feedback with reference to the URL of this thread.

Feedback Form

Alternatively you can use the Technical Support Chat line linked in my signature but disable all pop-up blockers or it wont work.

I would flag this but there most likely wont be anyone from Siteadvisor looking in until Monday.
cameroncapital
Former Member
Message 9 of 26

I finally gave up on this - taking way too much time.
If I turn on the menu bar, I can move it, there, but that defeats the whole purpose as I now have the menu bar taking up a whole line for no useful purpose.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 26

Do you use Google Toolbar by any chance? In my pic above you'll see that it stays ensconced in that OK.

They are aware of this issue so hopefully are working on it.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community