cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wilyoung
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Site Advisor 3.4.1.189/Firefox 9.0.1 Don't work together

Tools/Add ons show site advisor enabled. Small green icon on lower right of screen. But no Rating Icons of any kind on search results. Clicking on the green McAfee icon in the loweer right will produce a report on whatever site is open - eg it will report on Google when the Google search results are on the screen. But no indicators by the search results themselves. Trying to search through all the other similar threads - haven't found a solution. Looks like Aite Advisor has lots of problems.

6 Replies
wilyoung
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Site Advisor 3.4.1.189/Firefox 9.0.1 Don't work together

Another piece of info - Two computers with same version of Site Advisor, Firefox and Windows (XP), except one version of XP is "Home Edition" (it works), the other is "Media Center Edition" (it doesn't work). ???

wilyoung
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Well, I don't know what it did, but I ran a program I hadn't had before, AVG PC Cleanup, and now McAfee Site Advisor seems to be running properly. This is not necesarily an endorsement of PC Cleanup, but if you're having some of these problems you might give it a try.

thecreator
Contributor II
Message 4 of 7

wilyoung wrote:

Well, I don't know what it did, but I ran a program I hadn't had before, AVG PC Cleanup, and now McAfee Site Advisor seems to be running properly. This is not necesarily an endorsement of PC Cleanup, but if you're having some of these problems you might give it a try.

Hi wilyoung,

AVG PC Cleanup, is just a rebranding of TuneUp Utilities 2012.

http://www.tune-up.com/download/

Last year received an Email to buy a Bundle of AVG Anti-Virus and New TuneUp Utilities 2012 for $24.95.

adavis22
Former Member
Message 5 of 7

I had the same issue after uninstalling and reinstalling total security.

Played around for a while then unistalled site advisor and downloaded it seperatly, now all works fine.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 7

Plus Firefox is now v13. that may help with things to keep updated.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 7

This thread is version-specific, and the posts to it ended in January. Perhaps it should now be locked, and similar version-specific posts given their own thread.

Now  locked.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community