cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alicez
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

Site Advisor 3.0.1.159

I installed Site Advisor on my Vista Premium (IE 😎 and now I notice the McAfee tab at top is not in color and I do not see the GREEN check marks next to each site shown next to each site for object I searched. The two Site Advisor are checked in the Add-Ons.

What is wrong?

Message was edited by: alicez on 12/14/09 5:50:32 PM CST
8 Replies
MaheshCJ
Contributor III
Message 2 of 9

Re: Site Advisor 3.0.1.159

Hi Alicez,

Open IE. Click on the small arrow mark symbol on the Site advisor Tab..

Check if it says Enable SiteAdvisor or Disable SiteAdvisor..

If it says Enable SiteAdvisor  then click on it to enable it.

Hope that should fix your issue .

Dinz
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

Hi,

1.       Open Internet explorer, click tools at the top (if you don’t find tools option click the alt key )
2.       Click manage add-ons and check whether all three McAfee add-ons are enabled if not enable them.
3.    Click 'View' tab and put a check mark on siteadvisor tool bar .

Close internet explorer and re-open it back and check the status.

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

alicez
Former Member
Message 4 of 9

Everything is Enabled and everything is Checked.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 5 of 9

Hi alicez,

The siteadvisor ; was it installed along with any McAfee security suite , and may I know since when the problem started ?

Please check the following;

In Internet Explorer, click Tools, Internet Options, Advanced.
Locate and select Enable third-party browser extensions (requires restart).
Click OK.
Close and re-open Internet Explorer.

Regards,
Dinesh K

alicez
Former Member
Message 6 of 9

It was installed by itself. Not with any McAfee security suite

Locate and select Enable third-party browser extensions = already checked.

Message was edited by: alicez on 12/14/09 5:55:52 PM CST

Message was edited by: alicez on 12/14/09 5:56:34 PM CST
Dinz
Former Member
Message 7 of 9

Hi alicez,

Are you using any other security software along with McAfee; If so ; check and delete any other security software from control panel and C:\program files and common files.

Since certain security programs detects the installation of Site Advisor as a Browser Helper Object (BHO) and can prevent it from installing completely. The BHO is the primary component of the Site Advisor toolbar. Without this BHO, the toolbar will not display.

As mentioned in my earlier posts there needs to be three add-ons enabled for Site advisor.

You could uninstall site advisor from control panel and reinstall it from the following website http://Siteadvisor.com , This would be installing you with the latest version .

Regards,
Dinesh K

on 12/15/09 6:40:52 AM GMT-06:00
alicez
Former Member
Message 8 of 9

Dinesh K

I thought I answered your post previously, but I guess I didn't. I have AVG 9 on the computer. I uninstalled the Site Advisor and downloaded and reinstalled new version.

Still same problem.SiteAdvisor is "greyed out," and there are no green check marks next to the web sites.

I also installed SiteAdvisor on my WinXP(sp3) notebooks, and same problem!

Add-ons only have Two (2) Site-Advisor listed in both the Vista and WinXP computers.

I think I am just going to uninstall SiteAdvisor and forget about trying to get it to work.

olsonbj
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

I use firefox and I went back to the old firefox plugin found here:http://download.mcafee.com/products/sa/firefox/safe.xpi

It seems to work now.  I beleive that it rolls you back to 2.8   The upgrade to 3.0 has not worked for me consistently since it came out.  You have to uninstall SA using the windows control panel uninstall before installing the plugin.  Hope this helps the firefox users.

~BJ

http://bjs-spot.blogspot.com

Message was edited by: olsonbj on 1/6/10 12:25:31 PM CST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community