cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarterMcNamara
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Shouldn't SiteAdvisor have to tell a website owner if his/her site is tagged?

If someone had not told me that my site was tagged ("use with extreme caution"), I never would have known.

We noticed that our sales dropped by about 20%, but we hadn't made any changes to our website in the past 2 years.  We've had the website since 1998.

So we started asking people to test our site.

Then someone told us that SiteAdvisor had tagged us.

This is like the blacklists in the 1950's when people were blacklisted, often unfairly and without their knowledge.

I tried calling the McAfee numbers and, of course, fell into voice-mail-hell.

McAfee is playing God here.

I did fill out the "appeal" email information, hoping someone will feel an inclination to right this problem.

How do we get our lost revenue back ...

1 Reply
Geertm
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

Re: Shouldn't SiteAdvisor have to tell a website owner if his/her site is tagged?

I have a similar situation.

My website (http://www.lansweeper.com) is tagged because of a false positive virus warning since may 2009 although the false-positive has been fixed by mcafee several months ago.

I have filled in the necessary forms, mailed support and I'm waiting now for months for siteadvisor to fix this issue.

According to the pdf documentation this kind of problem should be fixed in 5 days !!!

Please, please, someone take a look at this and fix the problem.

I don't even care about the 7 months of revenue lost, I just want it fixed.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community