Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MCC2
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Search Engine when using WebAdvisor

Jump to solution

This is more a comment than a question...

I personally hate Yahoo! Search Engine. I never find what I want with this and it's full of sponsored sites unrelated to your search. I prefer Google by far. Because the McAfee WebAvisor forces me to use Yahoo! Search Engine and continuously switches my web preferences to this search engine, without my consent, I have disable the WebAdvisor. McAfee, I think you should consider offer options/respect your consumers' preferences on Internet if you want them to use your tools...

It's my two cents for today 😉

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Venkat_YM
Message 2 of 4

Re: Search Engine when using WebAdvisor

Jump to solution

Hi @MCC2 ,

Greetings from McAfee.

We are really sorry for the inconvienence caused.Kindly follow the below article to change the search engine and turn off the secure search.

McAfee WebAdvisor changed my search engine

Regards,

Venkat

View solution in original post

dkdk
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

This article is completely unhelpful in dealing with this issue.

I never see the prompt and yet my search engine keeps changing. 

To be completely clear, how can I stop WebAdvisor from redirecting the default search engine to Yahoo Secure Search going forward?  If it involves removing WebAdvisor or McAfee entirely, I am happy to do that, as the current hijacking behavior is simply unacceptable.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Venkat_YM
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi @MCC2 ,

Greetings from McAfee.

We are really sorry for the inconvienence caused.Kindly follow the below article to change the search engine and turn off the secure search.

McAfee WebAdvisor changed my search engine

Regards,

Venkat

dkdk
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

This article is completely unhelpful in dealing with this issue.

I never see the prompt and yet my search engine keeps changing. 

To be completely clear, how can I stop WebAdvisor from redirecting the default search engine to Yahoo Secure Search going forward?  If it involves removing WebAdvisor or McAfee entirely, I am happy to do that, as the current hijacking behavior is simply unacceptable.

deontavious
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

At one point in time, email was the only form of communication. Today, the world is much more connected and at-home devices like smart phones can allow for person-to-person interaction and instant messaging services. However, old email providers such as Hotmail are still around today - how do you get out of your old Hotmail account? https://emailloggin.com/

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community