Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
red_dawn
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

SA on the move

Hi,

I have SA v2.6.0.6261 installed on IE7, it shares a bar nicely at the top of IE7 with my Google toolbar. My problem is when switching tabs in IE7, SA will jump down below the Google toolbar to a bar of its own and I have to keep placing it back.

Is there any way to stop this happening?

Thank you for any help or advice you can give.:)
4 Replies
PraveenRajaretn
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

RE: SA on the move

Dear Nicko,

We received your message reporting about the inability to make the location of SiteAdvisor toolbar stick in Internet Explorer while switching tabs with Google toolbar installed. Thank you for contacting us.

This is a known issue. The thread below discusses a similar issue in detail. Site Advisor Icon. At this moment, there is no solution / work-around. A bug has been raised with our developers and they're working on the same.

However, in IE 6, the SiteAdvisor toolbar can be moved to any location and it'll remain there. In IE 7, the behaviour seems to be different though. Did you try locking the toolbars before switching / opening tabs?

Thank you for being a McAfee customer.

Praveen
McAfee SiteAdvisor Team
red_dawn
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hi Praveen and thank you for your reply.

I have tried locking and unlocking the toolbar and everything else I could think of, but nothing seems to work. The problem seems to be only with the current version of SA as the previous version was okay. I guess I will wait for the next update to hopefully fix this.

Thanks again and have a lovely day.:)
PraveenRajaretn
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Hello Nicko,

We suggest you to go thru' the thread given below for a possible solution.
Site Advisor Plus Won't Stay Put on Toolbar - MsMadison
As mentioned in post #4 in the above thread, you could try adding Google toolbar last in the detailed steps provided. This could solve the problem.

Another solution would be to use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer where the SiteAdvisor plug-in is at the bottom right. Although this cannot be considered a solution to the issue stated in this thread, until our developers come up with the fix, the problem of having two separate rows - one each for Google toolbar and SiteAdvisor toolbar which in turn reduces the viewing area could be overcome.

Thank you for being patient while we work on solving this issue. Wish you a pleasant day too.

Praveen
McAfee SiteAdvisor Team
red_dawn
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Hi Praveen,

Just an update to let you know I have resolved the problem. As well as SA and the Google toolbar I also have Finjan Secure Browsing installed in IE7. I had recently disabled the toolbar icon for Finjan in IE add-ons and it seems this was the cause for SA to move around when switching tabs in IE, upon restoring the toolbar icon for Finjan, SA now stays put.

Hopefully this may be of help to someone in the future and thank you again for your assistance and help.

Have a lovely weekend and take care.:)
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community