cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hjsnyder
Former Member
Message 1 of 11

SA Toolbar

I have Windows XP ver. 5.1, IE7 ver. 7.0.5730.11 and SA ver. 2.8.304 (McAfee says it is latest version). I am trying to eliminate the SA toolbar by moving the SA icon to the IE toobar. Using IE "Tools", I unlock the the toolbar and try to drag the SA icon to the IE toolbar but it will not move. I have read thru the replies but can not find anything that works. I have removed SA and reinstalled it but no luck. Suggestions? Thanks.
10 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 11

RE: SA Toolbar

You can't unlock a toolbar via IE Tools. You have to right-click on the IE toolbar itself and uncheck "Lock the Toolbars".
See the attached picture. You should now see a solid and dotted vertical pair of lines to the left of the Siteadvisor icon.
Hover over it until you see a double-ended arrow, left click and hold and you should be able to drag the icon to anywhere , I have mine on the Google toolbar, but the choice of where is up to you.

hjsnyder
Former Member
Message 3 of 11

No luck

I saw this solution in an earlier reply to someone else and it didn't work for me. I tried it again and it still does not work. I don't know if it matters but I have only a dotted vertical line (not a dotted line and a solid line) to the left of the SA icon. When I left click/hold/ drag the "McAfee SiteAdvisor" icon, it does not move. Any additional thoughts? Thanks.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 11

RE: No luck

That means that your toolbars are locked. As to why you can't seem to unlock them I'm at a loss, unless you are signed in as a limited user...possibly. I'm not really sure if that makes a difference.

A quick Google search came up with this thread in the Microsoft forums: http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3408243&SiteID=17

Or you can try our Technical Support Chat which is open 24/7 - link at top left of this page or in my signature.
YoKenny
Former Member
Message 5 of 11

RE: No luck

I have SiteAdvisor visible at top right without the Google Toolbar

When I was having a problem getting SiteAdvisor to stick there I had to un-install it then reboot then download the latest install then install it and it appeared on its own line then I unlocked the Toolbar and dragged it to its location where it has stayed.

By the way I am running SP3.
hjsnyder
Former Member
Message 6 of 11

Still No Luck

Thanks for the suggestions. Still have the problem.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 11

RE: Still No Luck

When you right-click a blank spot on the top toolbars, do you see checkmark against "Lock the Toolbars" ?

What happens when you remove that checkmark?
hjsnyder
Former Member
Message 8 of 11

Lock the Toolbars

When I right click on a toolbar, there is a checkmark at "Lock the Toolbars". When I remove the checkmark, a gray dotted vertical line appears to the left of the McAfee S A icon (only icon in that toolbar) and a gray dotted vertical line appears to the left of the leftmost icon in the IE toolbar. When I click and hold on either of the vertical dotted lines, I get 2 parallel black vertical lines and a horizontal double headed arrow. On the IE toolbar, I can move the icons back and forth while holding either mouse button. On the SA toolbar, the dotted vertical and the SA icon will not move period. I can not click and hold on any of the icons and move them to the other toolbar.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 11

RE: Lock the Toolbars

Then it must be corrupted somehow. Do you have any other McAfee products installed?

Uninstall it through Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs.

Reboot and reinstall.
hjsnyder
Former Member
Message 10 of 11

RE: Lock the Toolbars

I have 2008 Virus Scan Plus installed. I have already tried remove / reboot / install on both the complete Virus Scan package (includes SA) and SA alone. Didn't help.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community