Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 1 of 5

SA Labels PCFlank Dangerous?

If any of the SiteAdvisor Gurus are watching this space could you take a look at http://pcflank.com/and tell us why SA finds it objectionable whilst WOT does not?   It is supposed to be simply a firewall testing site.

I'd also be interested in knowing why I still get the SiteAdvisor warning in Firefox 5 despite SA having been disabled temporarily due to compatability issues with that version of the browser.  Or is it simply because of this board's security with links?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 01/07/11 9:51:20 EDT AM
4 Replies
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: SA Labels PCFlank Dangerous?

I think the site may need to be retested - a lot of the results are from the back end of 2010. Having said that, I see that the site is/was hosted on a server in Russia, and that many of its downloads are/were flagged as moderately suspect or dangerous. Namely -

- breakout-wp.exe : Generic Trojan

- copycat.exe : Artemis, Generic Trojan

- breakout-en.exe : Artemis, AdClicker-EM trojan

- PCFlankLeakTest.exe : Artemis

- Ghost.exe - Exploit-Ghost trojan, Artemis

- awft32.zip : Demo-LeakTest

- tooleaky.exe : Demo-LeakTest

- LeakTest.exe : Demo-LeakTest

- Yalta.zip : Yalta

- pcaudit.exe : Spyware-PCinetpatrol

- firehole.exe : Firehole, Demo-LeakTest

Only 8 out of 25 downloads passed as safe. The rest clocked scores on the nuisance meter ranging from 3 (annoying) to 9 (dangerous).

The downloads may be perfectly legit but McAfee's testing process clearly doesn't like them.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 01/07/11 14:58:51 IST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

I guess every single one would have to be submitted manually for testing and that's up to the site owner not us.   I was just curious about it as a user posted that observation, thanks.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Norton SafeWeb reports one bad download and gives the site an amber rating.

Google SafeBrowsing is a bit confused about the site. Says it is, and it sn't, hosting malware.

Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for pcflank.com.png

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

Well then perhaps it is just as well I use Firefox 5 and Google toolbar is another extension that is disabled as obviously their findings are suspect...LOL

I know the two are separate.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community