cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brownsellg
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

SA & Firefox

SA does not work with Firefox v14, anyone know when this will be fixed, or is there a work around?

6 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Re: SA & Firefox

Go into Tools > Add-ons and look for 'McAfee Scriptscan For Firefox' which most likely needs enabling.   Firefox disables it on purpose until you approve it.

carolrose1970
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Hey, wasn't sure where to post this... but i keep having a box pop up that says its from mcafee and siteadviser stating that i need to "finish".. i can't remember if it says installation or what.. i have firefox and i have site adviser already...  this happened once before alittle over a week ago.. i didn't think anything of it so i clicked it, etc.. within a few minutes i was knocked off internet and couldnt get back on... when it  would restart and i'd click on my name and it was loading my settings, it's like it would shut down and restart again.. now i'm not saying the two are related, but i'll be darned if i'm going to click finish again on this pop up.   any ideas on how i can get rid of it??  thank you

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 7

If I recall it had an option to restart Firefox which would of course end any Internet connections you may have active and then restart them.

carolrose1970
Former Member
Message 5 of 7

Thank you for getting back with me....  while it may have said that it was restarting it automatically over and over.. my husband had to wipe out alot and more or less rebuild the computer.  it just popped up again while writing this, and i just got back on computer..  it says try secure search and click with moreconfidence..  i already have that.  it goes on to say "secure search is a free enhancement to your siteadvisor software that helps make using the web safer..

- risky sites are blocked. you search more safely.

- address typos are corrected..  you surf more safely.  

secure search-more protection, less worry.. 

then it has a thing with a check mark and beside it it says activate secure search on your browser(recommended).. and then lower right corner  FINISH.. 

i already have secure search along with site advisor.. this is very fishy to me, and i want to know why it keeps popping up every few minutes.  i did a full scan, computer is fine.  i'm not clicking finish, i know this box screwed my computer up, and my husband said he is NOT going through that again.  

Thank you again for replying to my first post

carolrose1970
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

I clicked off the check mark and then hit finish.. Pray to God that it didn't screw anything.. we'll see if it stays gone.. sorry to have been so worried.. Take care.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

Oh that popup, it happens usually once when the software is first installed, or when it's upgraded and once dismissed it shouldn't ask again.  Personally I didn't want those settings but they can be turned on or off in SiteAdvisor options.  Just clivk the area to the right of the icon to show the options bar.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community