Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 21 of 26

Re: S.A. still gray.

It's obviously an intermittent fault with SA and as I stated earlier I reported it.  Easiest way to stop the problem is to disable SA for now.,

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 22 of 26

We discussed this on the conference call. I have a few ideas about the problem but we needed someone to be on the call who knows about the server infrastructure and how the network connections are handled - and he's been moved sideways, so was absent.

It seems there is an intermittent problem with connections to one or more of the SiteAdvisor servers. Sometimes it's fine, and half an hour later pages take much longer to load because they're waiting for input from SiteAdvisor.

My guess is that the servers or the network infrastructure (or both) need upgrading. But I could be wrong, in which case I would welcome an authoritative voice from McAfee to tell me so

maka
Contributor
Message 23 of 26

I wish you luck, Seems to me issue can only be fully repaired by McAfee and I hope they do as I really like this app and as a matter of fact they should be obligated to as there are some people paying for McAfee products that have MSA as part of the modules included (I think).

mattlucky
Former Member
Message 24 of 26

This problem is not new.

Some people are waiting for a solution for about 5 month now, and I believe I can say that is too long.

maka
Contributor
Message 25 of 26

I will be using WOT if when I give up, for now my workaround although annoying is working, (Open IE click on MSA icon close and refresh Firefox), If you are not fimiliar although I suspect you are WOT can be found here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/wot-safe-browsing-tool/

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 26 of 26

mattlucky wrote:

This problem is not new.

Some people are waiting for a solution for about 5 month now, and I believe I can say that is too long.

That\'s the problem.  It only started yesterday for me.   Something weird is going on.  I've asked for it to be investigated.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community