Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattlucky
Former Member
Message 1 of 26

S.A. still gray.

Hi,

I do not understand why topic https://community.mcafee.com/message/291113  has been closed.

My S.A. still is gray and I do not see the point in opening a new topic about an old issue.

Regards,

Matthew. 

25 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 26

Re: S.A. still gray.

Because it belonged to someone else and the reasons for SA being grey change over time and are varied from setup to setup.

If the latest update didn't fix things & steps posted in that very long thread didn't help, contact Technical Support directly, it's free of charge by phone or online chat.

Linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

mattlucky
Former Member
Message 3 of 26

I see, I should not have been involved in the other topic.

I came to that topic because technical support could not help me. An now I must contact technical support?

Is that what you mean?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 26

I did not say you should not have been involved it the other thread.  I closed it merely as a courtesy to the person who started it.

If Technical Support couldn't help the first time, contact them again and ask for escalation.   They will do that.

Meanwhile hopefully one of the technicians will patrol here again soon and answer you, but that is always by chance as this is mainly peer-to peer support here.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 26

By the way, the update that 'Lizbeth referred to that cured her issue, is still in the process of rolling out I would imagine, so it could be a while before everyone gets it.

On Monday I will ask my contacts about the fix when we have our weekly conference call.   I'll post back what they say.

mattlucky
Former Member
Message 6 of 26

OK, thank you Ex_Brit. 

I'm sorry I troubled you. I will wait a week and if SA still does not work I will look for an alternative that does work.

You may close this topic. No matter how it turns out, I will not need it anymore.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 26

Web of Trust (WoT) is a good addition to any browser toolbar.   I use it as well as SiteAdvisor.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 26

Apparently there are two different bugs that cause similar symptoms.  One is being rolled out and the other is on the way.   

maka
Contributor
Message 9 of 26

Hi Matt, I have been so frustrated with this, Googled countless unhelpful answers, Spent hours upon hours of troubleshooting my Anti Virus programs believeing they were the cause as MSA didn't work on any of my browsers it  seemed unlikely to be compatibility issue, Turning on or off SSL  is just bulls#!t, Uninstalling/ Reinstall, again no good turn my Computer off and on more times than christmas tree, Then I done something random I set a site (I choose www.facebook.com as a trusted site (Don't forget to click Add button) then click save and thats it I'm back in business, Worked with IE and FF but haven't found out how to do this with Google Chrome yet as the MSA icon isn't showing. I so hope this works for you as I completly simpathize(Spelling is not my best subject ) with you, I guess what happens here is it forces MSA to RECONNECT with there server, Heck I don't know I'm no tecnician but I seem to be better at getting answers than them , well at leasts results if not answers., I would like to know if this works for you too, please let me know.

Ps. when you exit your Browser and restart it you will need to be patient (I'm sure not) and once your web page has loaded, In my case Facebook I had to wait 46sec for McAfee to show warnings signs again, So not to bad.

Message was edited by: maka on 7/15/13 11:46:48 PM CDT
mattlucky
Former Member
Message 10 of 26

Hi maka,

thank you for the input.

I almost forgot about this topic since I gave up hope. I was waiting for Christmsas, because my McAfee subscribtion ends around that time. After that I want buy other antivirus software.

However, I will see is your suggestion works;  I will add some trusted sites and see what happens, I will let it run for a couple of days and I will let you know.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Matt.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community