Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mvissche
Contributor III
Message 51 of 55

Re: Reviewers' ratings not tabulated on sites pages

Hi Guys,

We alerted our back end folks of this mcafeeCsecure.com phishing site earlier this morning, they're going to investigate and take the appropriate measures to flag it as such.

Thanks for the tip,

Mark

AlphaCentauri
Former Member
Message 52 of 55

Thanks

NotBuyingIt
Reliable Contributor II
Message 53 of 55

We alerted our back end folks of this mcafeeCsecure.com

By the way, did SiteAdvisor every resolve the probem that has been keeping volunteer reviewer leofelix from posting any more site reviews?  The reason that I ask is because his site review of IP 50.6.20.254 last October is appropriate to this immediate discussion.  See

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/50.6.20.254/msgpage#p=7612035

I just now visited IP 50.6.20.254; it appears virtually identical to mcafeeCsecure.com.  For example, here is a screen capture of

hXXp://50.6.20.254/RatingVerify/?ref=Akbar-and-Jeff-Phishing-Emporium.biz

phishing_biz.png

Message was edited by: NotBuyingIt to fix typo on 1/30/12 7:39:23 PM CST
NotBuyingIt
Reliable Contributor II
Message 54 of 55

they're going to investigate and take the appropriate measures

Several significant changes have resulted.  SiteAdvisor has posted a red caution on its site review for mcafeecsecure.com. Around the same time, the site was suspended by its domain registrar, which has set its status to clientHold.  Although I have no evidence that the site did major damage before it was suspended, I can easily imagine major adverse consequences to web users who were deceived.  My congratulations to the people both inside and outside of McAfee who helped shut down this scam which threatened the integrity of the McAfee Secure trust shield.

The rogue computer which hosts the scam is still running it, as before, at IP 50.6.20.254.  Here is a new screenshot of another example of the scam.  This "Easter egg" is the last such screenshot that I plan to post in this thread.

hXXp://50.6.20.254/RatingVerify/?ref=about:jwz

jwz_biz.png

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 55 of 55

Nice work, NotBuyingIt.  One more bites the dust, at least. There will of course be more ....

I don't know of any new developments in the LeoFelix review-posting story. I missed the conference call yesterday, or I would have raised the issue there.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community