Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sutieday
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Reactivate McAfee Webadvisor in Google Chrome

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have installed McAfee Internet Security installed with its components, such as Webadvisor. After my installation of my McAfee product, as I opened Google Chrome I initially clicked on "remove from chrome" when prompted whether or not to activate McAfee Webadvisor in the browser. After seeing how the program works in other browsers, I'd like to figure out how I can get McAfee Webadvisor to appear again in Chrome, as it is still installed on my PC and works in other browsers (Firefox x64, and Internet Explorer). Anyway I can reactivate Webadvisor without having to reinstall the program? Thanks!

Webadvisor version installed: 4.0.4.206

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: Reactivate McAfee Webadvisor in Google Chrome

Jump to solution

​,

It would seem that if you removed it from Chrome, you would indeed have to reinstall the application again. Simply go to your Control Panel/Programs and Features/Select McAfee Web Advisor/Remove/Restart. Then obtain the Download and install again  WebAdvisor Download

Please also read the changes made and Follow the Guidelines/Instructions of how to install it properly.  https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview?locale=en-US&art icleId=TS10258

Note: By doing so will also re-install Web Advisor in your other Browsers as well. Simply make certain you choose the setting;

" Tell me if a search result is safe in any search engine"

Hope this helped..

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

View solution in original post

4 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

​,

It would seem that if you removed it from Chrome, you would indeed have to reinstall the application again. Simply go to your Control Panel/Programs and Features/Select McAfee Web Advisor/Remove/Restart. Then obtain the Download and install again  WebAdvisor Download

Please also read the changes made and Follow the Guidelines/Instructions of how to install it properly.  https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview?locale=en-US&art icleId=TS10258

Note: By doing so will also re-install Web Advisor in your other Browsers as well. Simply make certain you choose the setting;

" Tell me if a search result is safe in any search engine"

Hope this helped..

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Moved from Consumer > General Discussion >  McAfee WebAdvisor (formerly SiteAdvisor)Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
sutieday
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Thanks, you're suggestion worked! However, there should be an alternative solution available in this case as new user accounts get the option to add Webadvisor even though I chose not to.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Glad that all is okay now

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community