cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JWL
Contributor
Message 11 of 19

Re: Re-occuring Error message when open Outlook E-mails

Okay ... sadly not a very "happy chappy" ... (Got up at 3am to uninstall and reinstall, took 3 hours!)

What I did

Ran the uninstallation link above as per your post

Cancelled out of it as it said I had to uninstall first

Uninstalled Total Protection

Restart

Ran the uninstallation link

Restart

The preinstall tool did not work (reported that it could not be found)

So logged onto my account

Re-installed Total Protection.

Am still getting exactly the same error in Outlook re custom UI XML (for the 1st email opened only as before)

AND

now my backup is not working - saying I have exceeded the quota (not true: have the identical selection (checked against the files available for restore)

Constructive comments to get it all correct would be much appreciated.

Thank you

JWL
Contributor
Message 12 of 19

Apologies, have just been trying the preinstall link again and this time it did find it!

I tried and tried this morning (copied hyperlink from the email [get notifications by email] and pasted into the IE browser)

Any suggestions as to why the inconsistency of it being not found so often, and now when I have Total Protection installed again it finds it?

I will try your suggestion above again tomorrow morning, and hopefully this time the preinstall will work.

Regards the backup - I transferred mine, it was correct as all correct folders and files were there - any ideas as to what to do tomorrow morning to make sure I don't get the same message that I am over quota?  I really don't want to have to back everything up again.

Thank you.

thecreator
Contributor II
Message 13 of 19

dloperchiro wrote:

When I open e-mail from Outlook I get an error message [Error found in Custon UI XML of McAfee AddIn; Line: 1, Column: 118, Error Code 0x80004005, Unknown Namespace: //schemas.microsoft.com/office/2009/07/customui, Element: Custom UI].  Then when I choose "OK" button I get another error message [Error found in Custom UI XML of McAfee AddIn, Line 106, Column: 11, Error Code: 0x80004005, The node is neither valid nor invalid because no DTD/schema declaration was found.]. when I click "OK" the E-mail is fully shown.

Now I know that this is not a huge problem, after all I eventually get my e-mail, but it is annoying and may be be a precursor to a larger problem.

So I  ran McAfee Virtual Technician and it found "DAT out of Date". Which I chose to "fix" but after it ran, the error messages still pop up like before.  I have run the Virtual Technician three times and 3 times I chose to "fix" the DAT but it still gives the same error message.

I tried to get the chat technician online but every time I request a chat session or create a share screen session with a technician I get another re-occuring problem. , ... a quickly dissapearing message comes up which sais "A problem has occured which has caused Explorer to close and re-open this window"  and then the choice to have a chat session is disabled in the new window.

How do I get this (these) fixed?

Hi dloperchiro,

If the McAfee Virtual Technician says that DAT out of Date, simply uncheck to fix and exit MVT. Now Open McAfee Security Center. Click on Updates: Current or not. Check for Updates on the next screen and let it run.

For Chat to work, you need Java installed.

JWL
Contributor
Message 14 of 19

Confirmed: managed to complete all above successfully

Uninstalled Total Protection

Restarted

Ran the removal tool

Restarted

Ran the preinstall tool

Restarted

Reinstalled Total Protection

Restarted

... unfortunately the identical 2 error messages are still occurring.

thecreator
Contributor II
Message 15 of 19

Hi JWL,

What is your operating system, version and Service Pack Level? Version of Internet Explorer installed? The other person has XP installed, from his Screen Snapshot.

JWL
Contributor
Message 16 of 19

Good morning.

Operating system:

Windows 7 Professional (64 bit)

Version 6.1

Build 7601: Service Pack 1

Internet Explorer:

Internet Explorer 8

Version 8.0.7601.17514

Thank you for your time it is much appreciated.

thecreator
Contributor II
Message 17 of 19

JWL wrote:

Good morning.

Operating system:

Windows 7 Professional (64 bit)

Version 6.1

Build 7601: Service Pack 1

Internet Explorer:

Internet Explorer 8

Version 8.0.7601.17514

Thank you for your time it is much appreciated.

Hi JWL,

Not necessary to reinstall Outlook, yet. But you need to go to Start, All Programs, then Windows Update. Run it and download and apply all Windows Hotfixes and Optional Programs found. Reboot and test.

Myself, I have all Windows Hotfixes for Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Service Pack 1 and Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Service Pack 1, including Internet Explorer 9/0 installed with Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate fully patched. No Errors.

Set McAfee Real-Time Scanning to Never while updating.

If you are still getting errors, before you go to reinstall again, anything, download and install TuneUp Utilities 2012 from http://www.tune-up.com/ . 15-Day Full functional Trial will be installed. Answer the questions and run Clean Registry.

Test and report back.

dloperchiro
Former Member
Message 18 of 19

McAfee 11.0, DAT 6547, , Windows XP

thecreator
Contributor II
Message 19 of 19

dloperchiro wrote:

McAfee 11.0, DAT 6547, , Windows XP

Hi dloperchiro,

Is this Windows XP Professional x64 Edition?

Windows XP saids nothing to me.

What Service Pack Level?

Are you fully patched?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community