cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dloperchiro
Former Member
Message 1 of 19

Re-occuring Error message when open Outlook E-mails

When I open e-mail from Outlook I get an error message [Error found in Custon UI XML of McAfee AddIn; Line: 1, Column: 118, Error Code 0x80004005, Unknown Namespace: //schemas.microsoft.com/office/2009/07/customui, Element: Custom UI].  Then when I choose "OK" button I get another error message [Error found in Custom UI XML of McAfee AddIn, Line 106, Column: 11, Error Code: 0x80004005, The node is neither valid nor invalid because no DTD/schema declaration was found.]. when I click "OK" the E-mail is fully shown.

Now I know that this is not a huge problem, after all I eventually get my e-mail, but it is annoying and may be be a precursor to a larger problem.

So I  ran McAfee Virtual Technician and it found "DAT out of Date". Which I chose to "fix" but after it ran, the error messages still pop up like before.  I have run the Virtual Technician three times and 3 times I chose to "fix" the DAT but it still gives the same error message.

I tried to get the chat technician online but every time I request a chat session or create a share screen session with a technician I get another re-occuring problem. , ... a quickly dissapearing message comes up which sais "A problem has occured which has caused Explorer to close and re-open this window"  and then the choice to have a chat session is disabled in the new window.

How do I get this (these) fixed?

18 Replies
acraigbrown
Former Member
Message 2 of 19

Re: Re-occuring Error message when open Outlook E-mails

I have the same problem and have not found a solution. It is frustrating.

JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 3 of 19

Hello dloperchiro & craig,

Please let us know the below information ;

What is the version of McAfee Antispam

Also , let us know the version of your Outlook so as to guide you accordingly .

Regards,

dloperchiro
Former Member
Message 4 of 19

McAfee Ver 11.0

Outlook 2007 ver 12.0

JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 5 of 19

Hello dloperchiro,

Please follow the below instructions and disable any disabled add in and let us know the status of the error message ;

In Microsoft Outlook – click on Tools – Then click on Trust Center

From here click on Add INS and see if you find any add in named McAfee Antispam – If yes – Uncheck and click on Ok

Do the same with all the three add in manager namely  COM Add ins/Exchange Client Extensions/Disabled Items

Close and restart Outlook and let us know the status

Please refer screen shots below ;

Add ins.JPG

JWL
Contributor
Message 6 of 19

Hello Jai

Unfortunately I have started having the same problem with the exact same 2 error messages.

Antispam is v12.0 (build 12.0.292) (Total Protection SC v11)

Virtual technician found 2 errors in the registry and fixed those; rerun found no problems.

Outlook 2007 (12.0.6607.1000 SP3 MSO)

Com Add-ins: McAfee AddIn (loaded at startup)

Exchange client extensions: no McAfee items

Disabled items: no McAfee items

Suggestions please.

Thank you

Dinz
Former Member
Message 7 of 19

Hello JWL,

Close Microsoft Outlook

Run the McAfee removal tool from here : http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe & restart the PC

Run the McPreinstall tool from here : http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.exe

Logon to your McAfee account and reinstall the suite & reboot the PC

Open Outlook and let us know if you have the error message with the latest build of Antispam

Regards,

dloperchiro
Former Member
Message 8 of 19

Jay Prakash,

I don't think any of those items are in the trust center add ins., attached here is a screen-shot of it. ... well, I can't seem to either paste here or insert an attachment, I'm not that savvy on this format of communication.

I WAS ABLE TO ATTACH A SCREEN SHOT USING THE EDIT FUNCTION HERE.  (Click to enlarge)

Outlook Trust Center Add Ins 12-01-2011.jpg

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit to rotate image on 04/12/11 7:38:45 EST AM
dloperchiro
Former Member
Message 9 of 19

Dinz,

I did as you instructed.  Now I get the same two messages, but now only on the first e-mail I try to open but not subsequent ones.  Come to think iof it, it may have been doing it that way before.?.

Message was edited by: dloperchiro on 12/1/11 4:57:13 PM CST
JWL
Contributor
Message 10 of 19

Yes, on my machine it does happen only on the first email and not subsequent ones.

I will have to do the uninstall/reinstall tomorrow morning during FAP time.

I wish there were a way we could do only "the required part" of it and not the jolly whole thing - it is very consuming of usage and time.

Thanks for your help Dinesh, appreciated.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community