cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TonyV
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Re-install Failure of SiteAdvisor After SecurityCenter Renewal/Install

I have attemted and failed several times to re-install the free download of SiteAdvisor. This situation is happening after having un-installed (and run MCPR) my previous version of SecurityCenter suite in order to renew/install "3-User McAfee Total Protection" for 2009.

Reference URL: http://www.siteadvisor.com/download/ie.html

Here is the text of the error report that I'm getting:

----------------------[ Begin Installation Message ]----------------------
McAfee Site Advisor

Installation Didn't Complete Successfully

We're having trouble installing McAfee SECURE with SiteAdvisor on your computer. Please try installing again.

Still having problems? Get help on our Customer Support site.
----------------------[ End Installation Message ]----------------------

What can I do to resolve this problem?
1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

RE: Re-install Failure of SiteAdvisor After SecurityCenter Renewal/Install

Why are you trying the free one when you have SiteAdvisor Plus as part of your Total Protection suite?

Go to your online account and use the Customize option to select only that for download. See how it goes.

What is your operating system and service pack? What McAfee products do you currently have installed.
Double-click the taskbar icon to open Security Center and then click "About" in the lower right-hand corner to view the version numbers. You may have to use the right-hand scroll bar to see them all.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community