Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
calvinhc
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Re: When WebAdvisor becomes "The Spammer"

Is there any real fix to this problem.

I am using Chrome (Version 60.0.3112.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and this recently started showing every single time I open Chrome. Previously, I would be alerted some of the time that WebAdvisor was NOT enabled, and asked me it I wanted it enabled (why wouldn't I? I would uninstall it if I didn't want it!).

Now this is a downright pain in the ass. Just shut up and do what you are supposed to do.

I have disabled it and removed it from Chrome until I hear that a real fix is available.

4 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 5

I assume you talking about this

The issue was not proceeded with as it was fixed by uninstalling webadvisor and reinstalling it. I even installed chrome and saw no issue.

Have you tried this?

calvinhc
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

I would like to try uninstalling and reinstalling it, however I could not find a page on the Mcafee website to get a new installer.

Kindly provide me with a link, and I will be happy give it a try.

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 5

www.siteadvisor.com make sure old version removed

Chriscod
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Quite a repeated annoyance with many customer "assists" in the software the past couple years. We are relentlessly helped with reminders of how useful the software is. Whenever it gets too bad I turn off another section and begin researching replacements. Just dumped System Mechanic Pro after nearly 10 years....same relentless rudely aggressive pitch every inch of the way....
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community