Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidbrawn
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

Problem with verification

Hi, I'm the owner of www.greatdirectories.org

Firstly, I do not understand why my website has red mark

"McAfee TrustedSource web reputation analysis found potential security risks with this site. Use with extreme caution."

Moreover while trying to verify ownership I'm getting back the following:

"Error Submitting Site for Verification

It appears that the Web site greatdirectories.org (or www.greatdirectories.org) is returning an HTTP 2xx or 3xx status response code in the header of 404 pages.

We cannot verify a Web site that is configured this way because it allows anyone to verify themselves as the owner of your site. Please update your Web site server configuration to return 404 status codes in the headers for pages that do not exist. Once your site is configured this way then you can return and request a file name verification."

Is there any way that I can verify ownership? And how to get fair green mark?

Thanks,

David

7 Replies
x-pmeyer
Former Member
Message 2 of 8

Re: Problem with verification

Hi David,

we have retested your web site in Site Advisor/Trusted Source.

It's green now - http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/greatdirectories.org

Best regards, Peter

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 8

David,

Peter Meyer unfortunately didn't answer the second part of your question, about the HTTP return codes in 404 pages. I've looked back through the SiteAdvisor pages and I'm rather ashamed to admit that this question has been asked in the forums a number of times, and each time I've left it for an expert to pick up and deal with ... and no-one ever has. So you're not the first to ask, but I'm going to see to it that this time we get an answer.

I've put a request in one of the internal tech help sections asking about this, and I'll post any answer as soon as it comes through. It would have to be Easter, though, when everyone's disappeared for a break.

In the meantime, there is a hint in a previous post that a blank verification file (name unknown) has to be downloaded (from somewhere) and placed in the root directory of the server. I couldn't find anything more than that.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 22/04/11 05:25:08 IST
llans
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Hi!

I am also have problem with verification at Web Site Owner Verification Process with my site http://led-displays.ru

I am tried to verify another sites and find that all tested sites have same result!

As that:

It appears that the Web site google.ru (or www.google.ru) is returning an HTTP 2xx or 3xx status response code in the header of 404 pages. We cannot verify a Web site that is configured this way because it allows anyone to verify themselves as the owner of your site. Please update your Web site server configuration to return 404 status codes in the headers for pages that do not exist. Once your site is configured this way then you can return and request a file name verification.

dselva
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

Hello,

I am also facing the same problem with my domain theweekendleader.com

The error message is below;

Error Submitting Site for Verification

It appears that the Web site theweekendleader.com (or www.theweekendleader.com) is returning an HTTP 2xx or 3xx status response code in the header of 404 pages.

We cannot verify a Web site that is configured this way because it allows anyone to verify themselves as the owner of your site. Please update your Web site server configuration to return 404 status codes in the headers for pages that do not exist. Once your site is configured this way then you can return and request a file name verification.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

--
Thanks

Selvakumar D

sccamps
Former Member
Message 6 of 8

I am having the exactg same problem for glassblast.com  If someone from Mcafee could take a look that would be great.

Thanks in avdvance. 

-cc

anaschaky
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Hi Peter,  my site magicmoments.com is having the same issue, can you please help me in solving this issue. please.

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 8

You contact Siteadvisor as mentioned here

https://community.mcafee.com/message/66185#66185

PeterM might see this but normal process is to contact them and wait for review

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community