cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larryraygordon
Contributor
Message 11 of 25

Re: Problem with WebAdvisor and Facebook cover photos

I just downloaded Firefox and activated WebAdvisor. When I use Facebook with that browser, everything is fine - the cover photos and everything else appears.. As noted earlier, when I go to Facebook using the Edge browser (with no WebAdvisor), everything is fine. So I guess the problem of the missing Facebook cover photos is specific to Chrome when I have WebAdvisor enabled. In the meantime, I think I'll just start using Firefox because I don't want to give up WebAdvisor.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 25

In addition to quite possibly Doug adding to the discussion, one of my Colleagues Hayton will pick up this thread,as he also is very astute to workings of (Chrome) and how it handles 'Add-ons\Extensions'..

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 13 of 25

larryraygordon,

Thank you so much for bringing this issue to our attention.

However, if you want the fix immediately, the easiest way to do that is to uninstall McAfee WebAdvisor, reboot and then reinstall it:

1) Uninstall McAfee WebAdvisor from Control Panel's Programs and Features

2) Reboot your computer

3) Open Internet Explorer (regardless of whether it's your preferred web browser),

4) Browse to www.mcafee.com/mcafeewebadvisor (or siteadvisor.com) and reinstall McAfee WebAdvisor

Please post back to let us know if you were successful.

larryraygordon
Contributor
Message 14 of 25

Thanks - I've switched over to Firefox to avoid the problem. I think I'll just wait until the fix is released rather than uninstalling/reinstalling (e.g., I don't have Explorer, I have Edge). I really appreciate hearing that the McAfee team is taking care of the problem, as I really like having WebAdvisor! Best regards.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 25

Thank you Doug for taking the time to add to the discussion, from your already busy schedule\daily obligations. That indeed shows a lot.

Regards,

Cliff\CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 25

Glad that you know , that Senior Level Engineers\Web Advisor Team Members indeed make every attempt to resolve your issues. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future, if the need arises.

All the Best,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
veejay
Former Member
Message 17 of 25

I have tried everything suggested on this thread and nothing will restore my Facebook cover photos except disabling WebAdvisor, which I'm not willing to do.  Please will the engineer let us all know when this problem has been fixed?  In the meantime, I shall use IE instead of Chrome for Facebook.  If it doesn't get fixed, I shall not renew McAfee and will switch to Norton, which doesn't have this problem.

dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 18 of 25

We released the fix for this a couple of weeks ago.  I suspect you're still seeing this issue because you haven't received the new Chrome extension yet - the latest Chrome extension version is 5.0.331.0, as seen in Chrome > Settings > Extensions.

I'd suggest

1) uninstalling WebAdvisor,

2) rebooting and then

3) reinstalling from mcafee.com/mcafeewebadvisor (or siteadvisor.com)

veejay
Former Member
Message 19 of 25

I have just done all that you suggest dougk_t3 but I can't locate the version you suggest.  Where can I find version 5.0.331.0?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 20 of 25

Click the M at top right of any Chrome web page and then Options > About.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community