Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ineedsomehelp
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Problem with SiteAdvisor and Firefox

RE:  McAfee SiteAdviosr v3.5.0.205

Firefox v13.0.1

Prior to updating SiteAdvisor to the current version there where no problems/warnings associated with SiteAdvisor and Firefox.  However, since installing v3.5.0.205 on Firefox, I am now getting "dangerous site" warnings on various sites visited where before the update ... no problems.  I can disable the SiteAdvisor extension or the plugin in the Addons in Firefox and the problem goes away.  I don't know if the problem is with SiteAdvisor (which I suspect is true) or if Firefox is to blame.  Has anyone been having the same problem?   Thanks.

2 Replies
miguelgrado
Contributor III
Message 2 of 3

Re: Problem with SiteAdvisor and Firefox

also protect mode(siteadvisor live) in dangerous sites not block dowmloads

Forospyware Warrior
ineedsomehelp
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: Problem with SiteAdvisor and Firefox

I do not use SiteAdvisor Live.  I'm still checking if McAfee releases a new version of SiteAdvisor.  In the meantime, I will have to disable SiteAdvisor.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community