cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paakoman
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Problem with SiteAdvisor & IE 10

I am using Windows 8 Pro and IE 10 on a new Dell XPS computer that came installed with McAfee Security.

I downloaded McAfee SiteAdvisor.  The SiteAdvisor toolbar appeared and worked for a few days,  Then it disappeared.

I opened Control Panel and checked Manage Browser add-Ons.  It showed SiteAdvisor as being "Enabled".  I checked the Tools tab in the IE Heading.  It listed SiteAdvisor but did not have it checked.  I tried to check it with no success.

I then went to View>ToolBars in the IE heading.  It also listed SiteAdvisor but did not have it checked.  I tried to check it with no success.

I then ran McAfee Virtual Technician.  When it finished its work, the SiteAdvisor toolbar appeared again…after a few minutes it again disappeared!  I ran the Virtual Technician again but the tool bar failed to appear.

I then performed the task of uninstalling/reinstalling Site Advisor, After the reinstall , I was am still unable to get SiteAdvisor working!  Help!

2 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 3

Re: Problem with SiteAdvisor & IE 10

A thought maybe although you've tried uninstalling/re-installing SiteAdvisor, it is important that the system is rebooted before SiteAdvisor is installed again. This is because certain SiteAdvisor files are removed only on reboot.

If this no help try calling support the advice is free.

http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3

Re: Problem with SiteAdvisor & IE 10

Another thought.  I had general problems with IE10 in Windows 8 so went to Tools/Compatibility View settings and made it use that for all websites and it started cooperating.

SA will also object to any clashing settings in IE, so I would turn off any extra protection you may have on in IE settings.

(Tracking Protection or similar)

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 25/05/13 11:58:46 EDT AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community