cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
highlyupset
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

Pathetic support

I have a simple question that surely requires a very simple answer, yet I cannot ask this simple question of McAfee (who are happily spending my money) because their webpages are designed such that you have to fill out pages upon pages of USELESS questionaires that in the end do NOT resolve my minor littel problem. Why can these greedy sel-focused corporations not be accessible when you need them?

By the way, the little issue I have is that all of a sudden I cannot send e-mail from my gmail account because this dumbarse programme has deemd it fir to place a site warning over the Send button!

8 Replies
SafeBoot
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 9

Re: Pathetic support

Did you think to ask the question here in the forum?

highlyupset
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

I did mention my predicament in the blog above, but still find it immensly annoying that I have to go through so many irritating procedures (surfing through the webpages of McAfee that offer no solution AND regsitering to be able to post here).

come on - realistically - I want quick, easy and simple solutions. That's all. I am not asking for this useless supplier to fix the world's financial crisis - I just want to be able to send an e-mail to my friend - which McAfee currently wont let me do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The site advisor warning is positioned over the send button, i.e. I cannot send the mail

McAfee snapshot.PNG

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 9

As this appears to be about SiteAdvisor I've provisionally moved it to that section.

Maybe your screen resolution is such that things aren't displaying properly, what is it set at?

Also what is your operating system and service pack (if applicable) and, whether or not you use it, what version is Internet Explorer?   (McAfee utilizes it regardless of your default browser settings).

Also what McAfee products, name and version, are installed?

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 9

Hi highlyupset,

Sorry for the Inconvenience caused. Did you try using the shortcut for sending an Email. Use Alt+S for sending in Outlook Email client. You may also try Navigating using keyboard with the help of Alt , Tab buttons.

Select the window of Email to be sent. Press "Alt" Navigate to File > Send. Post back if this helps..!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 9

By the way SiteAdvisor is warning you of a risky link, either a hyperlink in email or a bad Internet link, so close them all and end SiteAdvisor in Task Manager if need be.

highlyupset
Former Member
Message 7 of 9

hi there,

thank you for your help. Sadly using your tips ahve not worked though.

Thanks again!

highlyupset
Former Member
Message 8 of 9

hi there,

thank you very for trying to assist. Sadly I am pretty useless with computers (as you could tell from my typo's) but I my settings were perefectly fine until I tried to reply to my friend. I have not changed them either, so I fail to understand why this suddenly appears? I can send a new e-mail (but not reply to a received one) and still I get an annoying warning in my mailbox as follows:

Capture.PNG

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 9

Are you using stationery which includes emoticoncs you've downloaded from that place?    Try removing them then scanning with Malwarebytes Free and perhaps AdwCleaner, all listed in the last link in my signature below.

Maybe the friend is using some kind of stationery that includes them so try looking in email settings to always use plain text or at least use it when replying to him/her.

That setting is usually found under Message > Plain text inside the reply window.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community