Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 31 of 36

Re: No WebAdvisor on Firefox 39.

Jump to solution

BTW I'm up to FF 40.0.3 and all is well.

Korgman
Contributor III
Message 32 of 36

Jump to solution

I as well. No problems since I did my reinstall.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 33 of 36

Jump to solution

Good, all the best 😉

Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 34 of 36

Jump to solution

I do not have the webadvisor on Firefox 40 no colour warnings for website. Mozilla says something about it not being verified this link Add-on signing in Firefox | Firefox Help

on the addons webadvisor is coloured in yellow with a warning. So when I google anything it is not working now.

Any new on this.

dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 35 of 36

Jump to solution

Nisa51,

The Add-on Signing issue isn't related to whether you have McAfee WebAdvisor installed and working.  This is just a warning, not a blockage.

FWIW, Mozilla introduced this warning about unsigned add-ons in Firefox 40; in Firefox 41 unsigned add-ons will be blocked (although there's a way around it, one that Mozilla has published in their FAQs).  Meanwhile, McAfee WebAdvisor has released a version that has the McAfee WebAdvisor add-on signed by Mozilla - most people should get the signed version in the next 2-3 weeks.

Did you check that you've either

1) allowed SecureSearch as your default search engine

OR

2) changed the McAfee WebAdvisor setting to “Tell me if a search result is safe in any search engine”. 

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 36 of 36

Jump to solution

Nisa51 wrote:

I do not have the webadvisor on Firefox 40 no colour warnings for website. Mozilla says something about it not being verified this link Add-on signing in Firefox | Firefox Help

on the addons webadvisor is coloured in yellow with a warning. So when I google anything it is not working now.

Any new on this.

Just go into Firefox Tools/Add-ons and enable it and then restart your browser.

There's no risk.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community