Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_7182
Former Member
Message 1 of 33

New (clean) website - blacklisted!

Jump to solution

So,

I am a web developer (php programmer) and I thought on having my own vCard online would help me positively on building my profile.

But I see I was totally wrong! Got a shared hosting account at Hostgator and all I have in that account is a single index.html file and an yet-unused email address. But my site is blacklisted by McAfee (only) - no idea why or how.

Tried contacting McAfee but no answer at all.

My domain is mysterio.info

How should I proceed?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 33

Re: New (clean) website - blacklisted!

Jump to solution

Did you follow the Suggestions/Guidelines in the following Link?

Being a Website Owner, did you register for an account to follow your Ticket as suggested in those Guidelines?

As I said , a Fellow Moderator may quite possibly pick this thread up, whom is more technically astute in regards to Site Advisor/Trusted Source than I am. Thus being could better assist you and go more in-depth if you will.Due to his Geographical Location/Time zone would be the determining factor. 

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

View solution in original post

32 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 33

Jump to solution

Moved to siteadvisor

read and follow

SafeBoot
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 33

Jump to solution

mysterio.info is not new at all - it's existed since at least 2005 and you've owned it since at least 2012.

Internet Archive Wayback Machine

You might have just been unlucky and been assigned the IP address of a site which previously hosted malware...

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 33

Jump to solution

Hmmmmmm..Here is yet another "Prime" example of your "Unique Knowledge" revealing itself

Please know I am not simply "Blowing Smoke", if you will.

Much Appreciated,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
user_7182
Former Member
Message 5 of 33

Jump to solution

Back in 2005 I didn't even know what a domain is, actually.

Right, I registered it 2012 as a domain an it was set up on march this year.

So what now? Does it mean it will be blacklisted forever?!

How do I clean it?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 33

Jump to solution

Have you Followed the suggestions in which PK gave you in Post #1?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 33

Jump to solution

The reason I asked is that one cannot expect a reply instantaneously. There may be lots a variables/reasons for your Site to be rated as such. One being that as Safeboot mentioned, it could possibly be that you have been assigned an IP Address that once was flagged for Malware.

Quite possibly one will pick up this thread whom is most knowledgeable in regards to Site Advisor/Trusted Source, and go into more analytical depth.

Wishing you all the best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
user_7182
Former Member
Message 8 of 33

Jump to solution

Yes, I have followed it.

Did that twice during this last week but nothing changed.

Should I wait more?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 33

Jump to solution

Did you follow the Suggestions/Guidelines in the following Link?

Being a Website Owner, did you register for an account to follow your Ticket as suggested in those Guidelines?

As I said , a Fellow Moderator may quite possibly pick this thread up, whom is more technically astute in regards to Site Advisor/Trusted Source than I am. Thus being could better assist you and go more in-depth if you will.Due to his Geographical Location/Time zone would be the determining factor. 

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
user_7182
Former Member
Message 10 of 33

Jump to solution

Yes, already followed.

Thank you!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community