Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 16

RE: batch file

It is there for 30 days only and is constantly updated and only goes back to SiteAdvisor's servers if you have opted in to the product improvement program, something that would have been asked when you first installed it.

Here is SA's Privacy Policy: http://www.siteadvisor.com/privacypolicy.html

Many software manufacturers have adopted that procedure, as it is a way for them to make improvements down the line. (Not to mention the odd blooper or two...!)
Riddlez
Contributor
Message 12 of 16

RE: batch file

Well, I have the 2.6 version, and have a SiteAdvisor folder with data (Windows XP, IE 7).

I did not 'opt in' to that product improvement program.
phantazm
Contributor
Message 13 of 16

RE: XP or Vista?

Ex_Brit: "It is there for 30 days only and is constantly updated and only goes back to SiteAdvisor's servers if you have opted in to the product improvement program, something that would have been asked when you first installed it."

I installed SA more than 2 years ago, and back then I had not expected anything like this.

It kinda reminds me of Google that originally set their cookies to expire 30 years later. Sure they thought it was a good idea to track people almost infinitely, and they didn't intend to abuse it, and so on... but users didn't like it, and in the end Goog changed their cook.

But of course, one could also disable SA temporarily, to avoid 'making history'.
Right! Or am I wrong..?
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 16

IT would only delay the inevitable, but that info is going nowhere unless you opted into PIP and I doubt that you did.
phantazm
Contributor
Message 15 of 16

Why create info if it is going nowhere?

What is PIP? Could you unravel this acronym..?

You 'doubt that I did'. But 2 years later I can't recall if I did; how can I check this?
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 16

It's the Product Improvement Program I mentioned earlier.

Read here on how to opt in or out: http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=106832&lc=4105&partner=McAfee&type=TS&ia=1
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community