cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PVTele
Former Member
Message 81 of 106

RE: You can have both

Yes, thanks Ex_Brit... I know you're listening! And thank you for taking on the unenviable role of go-between. It is appreciated, truly, even if we raggle-taggle users don't often show our appreciation!

Mike
TerryBowden
Former Member
Message 82 of 106

2.6 vs 2.8

One common theme I see here is that anyone on SA 2.6 is happy with the ability to place the SiteAdvisor icon in the status bar, or move it about, etc.

Those of us who have taken the update (or had it pushed out ) and find that we are on 2.8 are not a happy lot.

We can see our version number from the Pull-down > About which says 2.8.255
The Pull-down menu has

View Site Report
Show Balloon
Settings...
Approved Sites...
Disable SiteAdvisor
Tell A Friend
Send Feedback
Get Latest Version
Upgrade to SiteAdvisor Plus
Help
About

Hovering on the McAfee SiteAdvisor icon causes a pop-up balloon to appear.

Please, before replying that you are not having the same problem, upgrade to the version which is causing the problem and experience the pain for yourself 😞

POSTSCRIPT
I had not read past page 1 when making the above comment.

I have now uninstalled SiteAdvisor, and downloaded version 2.6. I filled in the feedback form presented during the uninstall, citing the problems that I and others have experienced. I am pleased that it is possible to go back to an earlier more suitable version.
carocuth
Former Member
Message 83 of 106

Wonder what's going on

:confused: Today the SA ratings for websites on a Google search are no longer displayed. Doesn't this negate the purpose of the program? I thought I would submit another Feedback form, but none of their (McAfee) links would open: "IE cannot display the page".
PVTele
Former Member
Message 84 of 106

RE: Wonder what's going on

Same here, Carol, and I'm using the good old pre-update Firefox extension, 26.6, 2.6.6, or whatever the version number really is... I think McAfee's broken the darn thing once for all silly
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 85 of 106

RE: Wonder what's going on

McAfee's servers seem to have been having issues for over an hour now, so it could well be caused by that when Siteadvisor and other applications can't "phone home".
edaguru
Former Member
Message 86 of 106

Thanks Tom.

I did that and have both working.
AdamKski
Former Member
Message 87 of 106

We're having Outlook related issues with what <appears> to be a newer version of SA. About 6 laptops at our company have 'updated' to a different version of SA. These users can no longer open messages in Outlook. They either get 'can't open object', or a blank dialog when they dbl click on a message.

The original version of SA spawned a service called SiteAdv.exe when IE was opened. There was also no McAfee SA listed under add/remove programs. The "new" version has a service called McSaCore.exe running all the time. There is also a way to remove this program under add/remove programs now. Outlook will only function properly if I kill McSaCore.exe or uninstall SA. The uninstall even takes you too a McAfee web page to ask you why you're removing the program.

It all <looks> somewhat legit, but also smells a bit like a virus?? McAfee support was useless. After going around and around with them they sent me a link to their "pay for" virus removal site.

They can't even tell me if McSaCore.exe is one of their services. Anyone else seen this issue? I did see there was a virus released in England a few months back that had a McSaCore.exe in the mix.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 88 of 106

Please file a feedback form here: http://www.siteadvisor.com/userfeedback.html

That will reach the Siteadvisor team directly.

I'm shaking my head in disbelief lately....why are they constantly "fixing" things that aren't broken in the first place?

I'll add your comments to an already lengthening list for our next conference call with McAfee management.
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 89 of 106

hmm

Peter ,

Kindly note that

McSaCore.exe is a McAfee service.... I can see that in my machine too( Process ID 1812 and it has a Valid McAfee Inc signature too....
location is
"C:\Program Files\McAfee\SiteAdvisor\McSACore.exe"
Version:2.08.0000.0232

My outlook is working fine..

AdamKski
but if the disabling of that service is resolving that issue it could be a conflict please let us know if there is any other security application on the computer (other than McAfee)

AdamKski
that service interacts with OLE32..hmmm.... see if this file helps you in the mean time

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/IERegFix.bat

Please run that file on one computer with the Outlook closed and then re-open it and see if it did any help
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 90 of 106

RE: hmm

I don't have McSacore.exe in any of my 4 installations (2 x XP and 2 x Vista)....weird.

I use the Plus 2.6 version and have protected mode turned off, if that makes any difference.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community