cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JRude
Former Member
Message 61 of 106

Au contraire!

Yes, I feel much better, thank you! ;-null )
I didn't have a zoo of STUFF before in my header. I read the stickies...If McAfee doesn't read the forums I guess their users are doomed to be the beta testers. I did send a feedback notice. If I were a software developer I surely would have beta testers on different platforms for feedback and probs. It's gotten to the point software is NO way ready for release to the general user just to be out more quickly. Not the best marketing ploy! Being first is no substitute for being BETTER. Forget the deadlines....code your product correctly! Ahhh...now I feel better still. ;-null ))
Thanks for the rant space. J. R.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 62 of 106

RE: Au contraire!

I hear you and tend to agree with you. Let's hope they fix things soon.
Riddlez
Contributor
Message 63 of 106

RE: Disabled Toolbar

I have version 2.6.0.6261

It is both a toolbar and a BHO (browser helper object).

It's a service/services too.
PVTele
Former Member
Message 64 of 106

"By the way, it is Firefox that prevents anything being moved, so there's the challenge for the developers."

A challenge which they had addressed perfectly in the Firefox extension (i.e. it displayed at the right hand end of the status bar - you could even move it elsewhere on the bar using the "Organize Status Bar" extension) until this latest disastrous version!

I actually prefer it on the status bar - it makes more sense there since it is more of an indicator than a control - but all sorts of extensions - Google Notebook, Adblock Plus, Uppity, etc. - live there quite happily, so SA would be in good company like it always was.

Don't mean to be offensive, but it looks to me as though someone on the dev. team was simply trying to be clever. I hope (s)he is now thoroughly ashamed of themselves...
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 65 of 106

Agreed...!
Appletom
Former Member
Message 66 of 106

Uh - didn't it change overnight? 😄

I truly don't understand large companies and how they think. Somebody had to make the conscious decision to remove the SiteAdvisor icon from the Status Bar and create a brand new toolbar. This was not easy coding. Somebody else had to say, "Hey, that's a good idea", and then dozens and dozens of people on the upgrade team had to never mention, "I wonder if the users will have any objections?" (Or maybe they did and were ignored.)

How can McAfee not run this change by at least a small group of users and ask for feedback? Heck, I'll bet if they made just one post here and offered v2.8 for feedback, they would have quickly learned what the rest of the world knows.

Now they have to go back and undo everything, putting out a fire that they built and lit.
Riddlez
Contributor
Message 67 of 106

They must have had their reasons. McAfee/the SiteAdvisor organization/whatever obviously thought that they would get away with it, just like the data sharing arrangement McAfee has with Doubleclick. In the end, it's all about the money.
martin_l_77084
Former Member
Message 68 of 106

SiteAdvisor was a nice little app until Mc came along and snapped it up. I knew then that its days were numbered. It's a real shame.
lazydogmot
Contributor
Message 69 of 106

All that was said before and......

Hi Everyone
I have found a new problem with v2.8.255, which I have already told McAfee about. I installed it on IE7 yesterday and when I started Firefox 3.0.1 (the browser that I use most) the Add-ons window was already open and said that an updated add-on had been installed. I guess once it's installed it spreads like the plague.
That is not the new problem. When I was using Yahoo Mail, I went to delete an email from the inbox. The page has to change reflecting that the message is gone. It usually takes an instant. SiteAdvisor turned from green to gray until it checked the new page configuration then turned back to green. It took a few seconds. Until it completes the check, the page is frozen and I could not proceed. It did it several times. I don't know if it does the same thing on other sites because I have disabled it. Yahoo Mail is working normal again. If they change it, I will try it again. Too bad, it's was a good and welcome extension.
Tom
lazydogmot
Contributor
Message 70 of 106

RE: All that was said before and......

Hello
I could not uninstall McAfee SiteAdvisor v2.8.255 using Firefox add-on manager. I had to uninstall it from the Control Pannel/Programs and Features (Vista), which removed it from IE also. I downloaded v26.6 for Firefox (yes, still available) and installed it. It is back in the status bar and working well. I ain't givein' it up again!
Tom
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community