Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 51 of 106

RE: More on the SA button

Well, all I can say is that they are still working on it. Don't expect a miracle to occur overnight.

I'll pass this on and perhaps you could also file a feedback form to them.
carocuth
Former Member
Message 52 of 106

Never give up...although fooling around with things has, from time to time, landed me in worse trouble than I was in before. And I don't do anything with the registry or follow any suggestions that include phrases such as "Type in ___ command". I now have lodged the SA button on the left of the Google toolbar, have locked, unlocked, relocked the toolbars (with the IE menu bar OFF), closed and opened my browser. Hmmmm :rolleyes: Is this too good to last?
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 53 of 106

Before I send more emails telling people to ignore the last one I sent saying the fix didn't work, perhaps you could try rebooting and reporting back if it held?

I can't check it myself as I can't seem to get that version.
carocuth
Former Member
Message 54 of 106

That was a good suggestion...I re-booted and my little green friend was (notice I said "was") still there, to the left of the "Google" logo, on the Google toolbar, with the IE toolbar closed. Not one to leave well enough alone, I right-clicked and unchecked the SA toolbar. The green button disappeared, but the IE menu items appeared in my Google toolbar. Strange, but true. Then I opened the SA menu bar - it opened in a separate bar, again (I had not unlocked the toolbars) and the IE menu items disappeared. I could not get the green button back into the Google toolbar. I dragged the SA toolbar BELOW Google and THEN dragged the button back up into Google. Opened IE (gee, this is FUN, I thought), pulled it below Google, then dragged it back up into Google. Are you following me? If I don't write it down right away I'll forget. I go back to lock the toolbars and the IE menu bar separated itself. I repeated the last couple of steps twice...same thing happens each time, although the third time I tried it, the green button and IE menu items popped up on the far RIGHT side of the Google toolbar. It'll all hang together as long as I DON'T LOCK THE TOOLBARS. (Or maybe until the severe thunderstorm warnings for the Toronto area are lifted...who knows?) Hope this doesn't sound too rambling...I am just trying to describe what I am seeing, but of course, can in no way give a technical explanation.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 55 of 106

LOL...ah well, let's just see how things go and hopefully, before too long, a more permanent fix, such as a complete update, will be introduced.
I have a feeling it's going to be a while before that happens and McAfee may be in for a lot of complaints as a result.
Strange, I haven't received that version yet. Mind you I haven't received any updates at all today.....yet.

I almost wish that it would arrive on my doorstep, then at least I would know what things are about first hand. Notice I said "almost".

Toronto is now the rainfall capital of Canada.....glad I'm in a highrise...!
carocuth
Former Member
Message 56 of 106

Thanks, Peter (if I read your signature correctly) for your perseverance, patience, attention and assistance. I'm not even going to tell you what has happened with my toolbars as I continued to fool around with them. Things would disappear and reappear in different places as I opened new tabs or browser windows...my little green friend moved from side to side on the Google toolbar...YIKES. I see lightning flashes as I'm looking north from my highrise, but my toolbar is locked, IE is safely tucked away somewhere - I don't CARE where - and, for now, I give up trying to figure this out. I have reached a truce of some sort. This too, like the storm, shall pass! I just hope my descriptions have been of some use.

Carol
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 57 of 106

RE: New SiteAdvisor Being a Pain

Got two subjects crossed...disregard any notification you all got about this being solved.
JRude
Former Member
Message 58 of 106

Installing a Toolbar without permission is UNACCEPTABLE!

Installing a Toolbar without permission is UNACCEPTABLE! If McAfee wants to go that route it's products will be TOAST on my PC's! A prompt in firewall for an accepted update is NOT the only notification required! As far as a FIX, don't you TEST your products on browsers before you release them!? Shades of AVG Technologies and FISTA!
JRude
Former Member
Message 59 of 106

Disabled Toolbar

McAfee Toolbar disabled in Firefox, will be removed COMPLETELY on next reboot. It looked like a circus in my header. BAH!
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 60 of 106

RE: Disabled Toolbar

Feel better now?

Installing a Toolbar without permission is UNACCEPTABLE!

It always has been a toolbar and you gave it permission the first time you installed it! What changed with the new version was that it could not be moved in Firefox and could only be moved/merged at the left in IE7, and, if you'd read the entire thread plus the sticky at the top of this section, McAfee are totally aware of it and are working on fixing it.

It is only seldom that any McAfee person reads these forums, which are mainly peer to peer support, so if you want to voice your frustration directly use the feedback form which I have mentioned on numerous occasions in this and other threads, stickies etc. etc.

By the way, it is Firefox that prevents anything being moved, so there's the challenge for the developers.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community