cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PVTele
Former Member
Message 21 of 106

RE: Solved... for me anyway!

"Have you tried uninstalling it completely, rebooting and reinstalling? Could have got corrupted when it upgraded. "

Yes, that's what I did yesterday - and this morning it was back as a silly toolbar :confused:
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 22 of 106

It's on the agenda for today's conference call where we pass on all the problems to McAfee. Meanwhile fill in a feedback form and/or contact Tech. Support Chat.
carocuth
Former Member
Message 23 of 106

I think I am about ready to give up on SA - it continues to want to take up space with its own menu bar and no matter what I do, when I open a new tab, it is back again. Now, turning off the the toolbar also turns off the program.
PVTele
Former Member
Message 24 of 106

"Meanwhile fill in a feedback form"

Done.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 25 of 106

I've just been told that occupying its own toolbar is by design....I've voiced my own extreme displeasure with that revelation. Don't worry, we are on your side. The more people who complain using the form the better.
carocuth
Former Member
Message 26 of 106

Thanks for your perseverance in this - at least I know it's not something I am doing incorrectly! I am having difficulty finding this feedback form - could you possibly post a link?
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 27 of 106

HERE.

It's in the sticky at the top of this forum "Contacting the Siteadvisor Team".
carocuth
Former Member
Message 28 of 106

Maybe I haven't had enough coffee but I cannot see the sticky you mentioned...and on the dropdown menu for SA, "Send Feedback" only took me to Online Chat. Thanks for the link - that was what I wanted and have filled it out. By the way, even if I "Disable Site Advisor", the menu bar still appears with every new tab or browser opening.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 29 of 106

Hmm, it looks like I might be ditching it when mine upgrades....I hate to say!
Jonno52
Former Member
Message 30 of 106

More weird behaviour

Thanks again for taking this forward Ex_Brit.

I found an old version of SA & installed it for Internet Explorer 7. The icon is back on the menu bar, though I doubt it will stay there long.

I wanted to uninstall SA as a Firefox add-on, just to see what would happen if I reinstalled it. But both the "Uninstall" & "Options" buttons were greyed-out. All I could do was enable & disenable it. When I next went online with Firefox, however, I found SA was not working at all. No button, no colour-coding or highlighting of search results. And yet it was (apparently) enabled. I've toggled between enabled and disenabled but no difference. When I try to check for updates to SA within Firefox, I'm told I already have the latest version.

Probably it would be possible to get out of this loop by creating a new profile in Firefox, but I'm relatively new to FF & don't fancy messing around with it unless it's really necessary.

I've submitted a feedback report on the issue as you suggested. Fingers crossed!

John
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community