cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arved
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

NetGuard has blocked my site

Hi everyone. This is my first post here.

Well, the issue is clear: NetGuard is blocking my website. I double checked and I see my domain is clean, but for some reason, my IP is clasified in TrustedSource like high risk. Any other tool I've checked has clean both my domain and my IP. My website is about gaming, movies, comics and animation.

The domain name is:

www.anim-arte.com

The IP is:

Hope you can help me to whitelist my domains, as McAfee is brand used by millions, so Im losing potential visitors.

By this time I've already made an URL dispute, but it seems posting in the forums and with the help of the moderators is a good way to fasten things.

Thanx in advance.

7 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

Re: NetGuard has blocked my site

Are you sure it's not something else that is causing this?  I just navigated to your website, once using the name and again using the IP address and each time got there immediately and the site is labelled green (OK - Safe) by SiteAdvisor

arved
Former Member
Message 3 of 8

Hi, Ex-Brit.

Yep, pretty sure. A lot of users has this problem only with McAfee antivirus. If you check 96.126.117.64 on Trustedsource.org, the IP is marked as high risk (in web).

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

So I see.  We have another Moderator who is an expert at this.  Hopefully he will be along soon.  Meanwhile you can contact TrustedSource directly, see the instruction here:  https://community.mcafee.com/message/66185#66185

It's strange that I can navigate there without any warnings and I have Netguard turned on.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/02/14 9:04:22 EST PM
arved
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

Thanx, I've sent a report to TrustedSource in the meantime. It's seems the site is blocked only witn LifeSave and Internet Security products. Also, I will wait for the other moderator help.

Thanx again.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

That would explain it as I use Firefox.   Good luck 😉

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 8

We have another Moderator who is an expert at this.  Hopefully he will be along soon

Later - there's a big storm blowing right now. Expecting the power to go off this evening.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 12/02/14 18:01:28 GMT
SativaGummi
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

I have a case of an entirely innocuous website, not my own, which is being blocked by NetGuard, despite the risk being described as "low" by Trusted Source, but is allowed by McAfee's own product, Web Advisor and given a green, "safe" indication.  What is considered to be the better product of the two, NetGuard or Web Advisor and why do they offer two products, which would seem to serve the same purpose?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community