cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
threeman
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

My site has been falsely blacklisted. No resolution through support.

A domain I host: http://threeman.org was blacklisted on approximately the 6th or 7th of May despite being fine for about a year since I started hosting it. There was no content added immediately before that, that could have been considered as suspicious. Other sites with my host are considered safe and have a green tick so it's not host specific.

On the 7th I submitted the site for review and of course heard nothing. Depending on when I check siteadvisor the status changes from yellow to green but that is only minutes a part and always goes back to Yellow (see attachments).

Securi finds no issue with the site:

securi status.JPG

And McAfree is the only one to have an issue:

Securi blacklist status.JPG

It is also listed as being a minimal threat by McAfree:

mcafee threat results.JPG

I have attached screen shots that show it only takes 13 minutes to go from safe to the yellow warning. Can you please help me? Your support states that you strive to work with webhosts but I have received nothing that can help me fix this issue which I believe is an error. It also is affect other sites I host like this one: www.northcoastrarebooks.com which is just a static launch page with a countdown timer! My client is loosing a huge amount of traffic to his website which will impact on his work.

2 Replies
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: My site has been falsely blacklisted. No resolution through support.

There are two versions of SiteAdvisor on the servers, and that explains why you are seeing different site ratings. The older version was found to be giving some results based on outdated data : in the newer version that fault has been corrected. The switchover to the new version is under way and should be complete soon. The good news is that the new version gives your site a Green rating (the last-but-one screenshot). Sucuri is picking up results from a server running the old version, so a re-scan some time in the next week should remove that blacklisting reference.

threeman
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: My site has been falsely blacklisted. No resolution through support.

Thank you very much for your prompt reply Hayton. I really appreciate hearing from someone. I will post back here to confirm once the changes are made. It would be great to learn why it was blacklisted?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community