cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john-ccn
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

My email is spammy?

Good day, my www.unsungfilms.com site receives a yellow sign, because it is allegedly "promoted through spammy email", which I cannot understand. It is a WordPress-based website about cinema without any email promotion. The only email address appearing on the site is editor@unsungfilms.com which receives minimal traffic as it is intended only for contributors (not readers). The site is full of valuable content, very straightforward, no popups, no irrelevant or hidden advertising, and its very embarassing to hear readers say that they are concerned about our "potential suspicious behaviour". Can anyone tell me how to make good this unpleasant situation? Thanks

2 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 3

Re: My email is spammy?

wordpress rings some bells have a read

https://community.mcafee.com/message/226622#226622

In same thread is how to contact Siteadvisor and complain

john-ccn
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: My email is spammy?

Thanks Peacekeeper. I read the articles you suggested and made some checks (WP version, search for suspicious code etc), and contacted SiteAdvisor, and my site is now Green.

By the way: After reading those articles, I realised that the threats we (web owners and admins) are faced with are much more that one would think. I think, an article on web security intended for the average user, would be more than useful.

Thanks again

John

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community