cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ipodiums
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

My Sites Are Being Marked As Suspicious! HELP!!!

Why are my sites being marked as suspicious? 

iPodiums.net

iPodiums.com

This is incorrect.  I know there are no security risks on our sites.

Please remove this warning and make "green".

Thank you.

6 Replies
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: My Sites Are Being Marked As Suspicious! HELP!!!

Please follow the instructions in this link to get your issue resolved

ipodiums
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

The feedback form wants me to check off the security threat my site was flagged for.

The report says suspicious activity with the potential to pose a security threat,
BUT,,.. does not mention any specific threat on my site.  This is because there

is no security threat.

McAfee's Site Advisor is inaccurate and misleading. 

There appears to be a lot of criticism about these false reports:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siteadvisor

I have tried everything to get this corrected.

I would like a MacAfee official to correct this issue and list my site as
"no threats found"

mmoroz12
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

From what i see your sites where flagged for minor safety/annoyance issues.

One of the options is to have your site retested with the facet in question being annoyances.

spc3rd
Former Member
Message 5 of 7

Hello ipodiums,

I see you posted about your problem here by attaching to another member's post at 6:27 p.m. today.  To receive timely assistance and avoid confusion, it is best to remain with your original post rather than bumping another member's post.

In doing some checking, I note that WOT has also rated your sites as risky, though I do not see any reviews to indicate exactly WHY they are rated that way.  You might also want to check what is shown at hosts-net via the following link:

http://hosts-file.net/default.asp?s=69.73.138.89

The information there indicates there are 13 sites affiliated with your IP address.  11 of those sites are rated high risk (trojans, viruses, spyware, etc). Two are rated yellow (grass roots marketing and spammers).

Please be sure to follow Tom's advice in his post to appeal your sites' ratings.

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 12/1/11 8:06:31 PM EST
ipodiums
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your advice.  I am not getting anywhere with McAfee.

I don't know what WOT is?

I did check hosts-net and none of those 13 sites are mine or connected to my IP address.

These sites are simply using a similar IP address as stated on their site:

"13 Match(es) found for: 69.73.138."

My iP is: 69.73.138.89

The last set of number after the prefix is different from mine on every one of those 13 sites.

I can't see why McAfee would accuse my site as being a security risk because I have an IP

on a range of IP addresses that are owned by other people.  And, if "McAfee" thinks my site

is annoying (for whatever reason), it is iresponsible of them to flag it as a security risk.

This is an outrageous, fraudulent attack by McAfee!

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Hi ipodiums,

I checked the TrustedSource pages for your sites, and they're both coming up with a "Spam URLs" tag. This is usually not too serious, and may be a carry-over from something that happened a while ago. It might even be caused by another (unrelated) site hosted on your server. I can't say why your sites are flagged, but if you contact the TrustedSource team (details of how to do that are here) and ask for a review they should be able to tell you why the sites were flagged and - if it's not a current problem - sort out the site ratings.

69.73.138.89 - IP - McAfee Labs Threat Center.png

Edit - I just saw that you posted about this in another thread. Best to keep the posts in this one, or I might miss something. I also note that there is a third site, promoneyreports.com, which is another site flagged by TrustedSource for Spam URLs. I don't know if the other two listed above are your sites, but if they are then I take it that they're all hosted on a dedicated server?

Message was edited by: Hayton on 02/12/11 05:00:32 GMT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community