cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kenukoh
Former Member
Message 1 of 31

My Site Marked As Dangerous!

The McAfee Site Advisor has wrongly marked my website https://growthrealm.com/ as dangerous. My website is hosted by a reputable hosting company on a very secure site. I have scanned the website and the scan has shown that there is nothing wrong with the site in terms of security.

When I checked McAfee's report as to why my site is marked as dangerous on their site -  Error  - which as can be seen is displayed as an "error", this is what I found as the reason "https://growthrealm.c​om/ URL entered (https://growthrealm.com/ ) is not a valid website URL or has no data".

If you visit my website above, it will be found that it is a valid and functional website with a lot contents. So, to say that the website is not valid and has no data, and for this reason mark the site as dangerous is very damaging! Please, I need help to rectify this problem as I have put a lot of time and resources to build this website.

Thanks

Kenneth

30 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 31

Re: My Site Marked As Dangerous!

This may help:

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 31

Capture.PNGI have no problem accessing your site?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 31

Moved from Support Forums to McAfee WebAdvisor (formerly SiteAdvisor)

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 31

That message is very misleading and I have previously reported it. It means, as far as I can tell, that your site has not been evaluated and so there's no record of it in the database. Which means that WebAdvisor is just being non-committal and saying there's nothing to report.

If only they would review these messages before they let them loose upon an unsuspecting world ...

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 31

​ can you please confirm it's OK now please?

kenukoh
Former Member
Message 7 of 31

Thanks!

kenukoh
Former Member
Message 8 of 31

It has been corrected and it is okay now.

I want to thank you and all for you help.

Kind regards,

Kenneth

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 31

That's good.  Could you mark the thread Solved then please?

Kirbdog1
Contributor
Message 10 of 31

I am having the same problem. This is the second time it has happened and to no fault of my own. Just because Mcafee doesn't review my website and throwing up this message to the people who are trying to use it is frustrating. Any help for people like me? Can I contact someone? www.bsfbuddy.com

Thanks!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community