cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredq
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Msie8 with SA slow getting files from Apache HTTPD with KeepAlive

I am a web developer who has developed a website hosted on Apache HTTPD 2.2 with KeepAlive enabled, that serves up Adobe Flash AS3 movies (SWF files) that in turn downloads supporting textual files (with suffix JSON). When a user on a Windows XP Pro SP3 computer, downloads the movie from the website using Firefox, Safari, Chrome, or Opera (latest versions of all browsers) it downloads quickly. But when using MSIE 8 with latest SiteAdvisor plugin loaded, it downloads 5 times slower (SiteAdvisor is also loaded in the Firefox). But when I go into MSIE Tools/Manage Add-ons and disable "McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar and BHO" it then downloads just as fast as the other browsers. I can tail (watch) the httpd request_log file as I download the movie and see that with MSIE with SiteAdvisor enabled, it is taking an indordinate amount of time (2 seconds/file) downloading a dozen 1KB sized JSON text files.

This leads me to believe there is a problem with the MSIE implementation of SiteAdvisor.

I ran McAfee Virtual Technician and it reports OK for all Health Check Details for SiteAdvisor 2.9.258.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

fredq
3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

RE: Msie8 with SA slow getting files from Apache HTTPD with KeepAlive

You should either contact Technical Support Chat, linked at top left of this page or in my signature, and/or use the SiteAdvisor Feedback form, also linked in my signature.

That is too technical for us to answer in this forum. The only thought I have is that perhaps these users have turned on SiteAdvisor's "Protected Mode".

The plug-in was developed years ago for Internet Explorer and Firefox and I haven't personally experienced this and I'm using IE8 with SiteAdvisor in both Vista and Windows 7, although 2 seconds doesn't seem inordinate to me.
douglasmaie
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: Msie8 with SA slow getting files from Apache HTTPD with KeepAlive

I'm seeing a similar problem on my client's website as well: https://www.loklokofficial.com/

essiematson23
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Re: Msie8 with SA slow getting files from Apache HTTPD with KeepAlive

Thanks For Shear This Blog !!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community