cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mcafee has wrongly blacklisted my site - how do I get this lifted

Jump to solution

Like many wordpress sites we suffered an attack which came in through a non-supported plug in. We immediately took the site down and solved the problem. Norton and the other services now list the site as clean but McAfee has not actioned a change yet. Several tickets have been raised but no actions taken.

Is there anything else we can do to get McAfee to act to remove the lock in a timely manner as its competitors have done. I don't really understand how someone like Norton can act in real time but McAfee seems not to be able to and not to be able to act when problems are raised. 

If this has slipped through the radar I wonder if could be picked up.

SItes are

11plusguide.com

satspapersguide.co.uk

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
karthikeyan_J
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 7 of 7

Re: Mcafee has wrongly blacklisted my site - how do I get this lifted

Jump to solution

HI @anthonybt481,

The URLs has been reviewed and the status is updated. Please check and if the issue still persists, contact sites@mcafee.com with the description of the problem to address further.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
karthikeyan_J
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @anthonybt481,

We have checked on our end and the reputation for both the websites 11plusguide.com and satspapersguide.co.uk is shown a minimal risk only. Please help us with any screenshot that says that the sites are blacklisted, so that we can take this forward.

Thanks,
Karthikeyan J

Jump to solution

Hi,

I sent you an email directly but have not heard back. Content of the email as follows:

Here's the screen shot..... this happens on most pages in the site

Also you can see on google that searchers are warned off clicking

Thanks for your help

Jump to solution

I have tried to put a screen  shot in of both google results showing the orange rather than green icon next to our results and a screen shot of the Mcafee notice which blocks navigation on the site but your system does not accept them....... you'd have to let me how to communicate these to you as they will not paste in as they do in an email.

The sites remain inappropriately blocked I'm afraid.

Jump to solution
Hi Still no change.... sites still blocked..... I can load the images but your system will not allow me to paste a screen shot in.
The words on the block are Whooa .... are you sure you want to go there..... then it gives the URL... then it says may be risky to visit...... further navigation of the site is blocked......... the site navigation should not be being interfered with at all.... every other site search provider ... Norton etc..... do not do this.

Please could someone resolve this.
karthikeyan_J
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @anthonybt481,

We have raised a request regarding this issue. Reference numbers are 2202341 and 2202343. Please check for the status of the websites in the next 3-4 hours and update us.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan J

karthikeyan_J
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

HI @anthonybt481,

The URLs has been reviewed and the status is updated. Please check and if the issue still persists, contact sites@mcafee.com with the description of the problem to address further.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community