Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssnyder
Contributor
Message 21 of 40

Re: Mcafee changed google to yahoo?

Jump to solution

Why should I need to do this. I did not OK McAfee changing my search engine. I never had this issue before with all the years I've been using McAfee and now all of a sudden I'm seeing McAfee hijacked my default browser setting. McAfee is becoming more and more a PITA.. I have to constantly click Allow; Allow Always for the same programs every time I use them and now today I open up my browser to see this.

Maybe its time for a change!

ssnyder
Contributor
Message 22 of 40

Jump to solution
WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO KEEP DOING THIS. It's years later and the issue persists. McAfee should be fixing this!
Peacekeeper
Message 23 of 40

Jump to solution

Sure you did not click on that annoying Safe search pop up. that enables Yahoo. I have not had an issue with it changing in ages but rarely see that popup.

One would think there is enough users who want to choose their search engine that McAfee would wake up and allow them.

RE re-allowing programs not seeing that but then I do not do that much.

sivasubramanian
Message 24 of 40

Jump to solution

@ssnyder 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We request you to follow the outlined steps as per the below article which will help you in this regard

McAfee WebAdvisor changed my search engine

Regards
Siva N

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
wendy2021
Contributor
Message 25 of 40

Jump to solution

@sivasubramanian 

article McAfee WebAdvisor changed my search engine doesn't help. i tried to change the search engine on my brower settings many times. it always automactilly changed back to Yahoo when I open a new tab.

I think the only way is to delete McAfee webadvisor.  I feel I am entitled to some  refunds because I paid for total protection who doesn't work well as a total solution. 

Kumar_suman
Message 26 of 40

Jump to solution

Hi @wendy2021 ,

Regards from McAfee. I have sent you a private message, Please do respond with the required details to help you fix your issue.

Regards,

Kumar

AerialDog
Contributor
Message 27 of 40

Jump to solution

Hello all. This has been a ridiculously annoying change that McAfee reverts on every startup. Seeing as people keep linking an article to temporarily change your search engine back to original instead of giving an actual answer, it seems to me that the only solution is to uninstall webadvisor. Just go to "Add or remove programs" by searching in your desktop search or through settings, find "WebAdvisor by McAfee" and uninstall this stain. I just did it myself and feel like I've just pulled 12 leeches from my crack. Biggest waste of 56mb on my computer. I'd rather install CoD: Advanced Warfare to never be played and just take up space than see anything else about McAfee.

sivasubramanian
Message 28 of 40

Jump to solution

@AerialDog 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We request you to follow the steps as per our article McAfee WebAdvisor changed my search engine which will help you to fix the same. Kindly update us the outcome.

Regards
Siva N

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
BirchSync
Contributor
Message 29 of 40

Jump to solution

The change to Yahoo is super annoying and horrible. Mcafee is so badly designed that we cannot switch off easily the secure search or disable it. Mcafee is just makes our life difficult. We have to spend hours browsing through your "solutions" which does not solve the problem in the first place. We have wasted hours on this mess! I'm un-installing Mcafee finally and switching to other anti-virus programs.

HeidiATX
Contributor
Message 30 of 40

Jump to solution

This is still an aggravating problem in June of 2022.  Looks like it will take 134 more days for me to permanently resolve this issue when I don't renew my subscription on my expiration date. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community