Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrh65
Contributor
Message 11 of 40

Re: Mcafee changed google to yahoo?

Jump to solution
Where do you click to turn off? I cannot find secure search to turn off? Thank for your help.
sivasubramanian
Message 12 of 40

Jump to solution

@jrh65

Kindly perform the steps as outlined in our article McAfee WebAdvisor changed my search engine

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
ConnieCorles
Contributor
Message 13 of 40

Jump to solution

I am reading this five years later. It's January of 2020, and I purchased a computer 6 months ago, just to encounter this issue. Mcaffee is forcefully and without my consent hijacking my computer and changing my default browser to yahoo when I absolutely HATE yahoo and it took me a lot of time to figure out how to remove it, I had to keep the steps stored to avoid having to waste time every time I do this. I will just uninstall this annoying program, but did want to point out they're violating your computer by doing this and you should report it immediately. 

sivasubramanian
Message 14 of 40

Jump to solution

@ConnieCorles 

Please do follow our article McAfee WebAdvisor changed my search engine which would help you to resolve this issue.

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members? give Kudos if appropriate

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
katemc
Contributor
Message 15 of 40

Jump to solution

I have had ongoing issues with McAfee changing google to yahoo. I have just decided to de-install McAfee as it is not doing what I want or need. I am not overly computer savvy and very time-poor- just sick of it. I guess this is always an option if needed.

Peacekeeper
Message 16 of 40

Jump to solution

This can happen if you accept use of safe search.. Follow the link above and bypass accepting safe search options if you want.

sivasubramanian
Message 17 of 40

Jump to solution

@katemc 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are kindly requesting to perform the steps as outlined in our article McAfee WebAdvisor changed my search engine

Regards
Siva N

brookann
Contributor
Message 18 of 40

Jump to solution

This happens to me regularly. Every 10 days or so, I have to reset my search engine preferences to the original ones. Then I have to log in again to every site I regularly visit. It is a drain on my time and energy. I have marked my calendar for October 2021 so that I will NOT renew my McAfee subscription. If you scroll through community posts about yahoo, McAfee's promise to correct this goes back years. They have no intention of correcting the yahoo hijacking. 

Peacekeeper
Message 19 of 40

Jump to solution

This is as safe search is selected for the search engine. Problem is at present even if you select show search results as  safe in all search engines it resets to option 1show safe only in  the safe search option regularly and support has not got this fixed yet.

BellaNguyen1113
Contributor
Message 20 of 40

Jump to solution

Go to "chrome://settings/searchEngines",
On default search engines, edit keywork of google engine to mcafee

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community