Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tato1231231
Contributor II
Message 1 of 11

Mcafee blocking a website id wish to visit

Jump to solution

I actually dont own Mcafee but apparently my isp use their services and i cant find a way to access a "unsecure" website.

Anyone knows of a solution?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kumar_suman
Message 6 of 11

Re: Mcafee blocking a website id wish to visit

Jump to solution

Hi @tato1231231 ,

Thank you for your response. The feature which is blocking the website is Secure Home Platform. Please refer the below article to fix the issue. You can also contact your ISP for further assistance.

Secure Home Platform website reputation dispute process

McAfee WebAdvisor website rating dispute resolution process

regards,

Kumar

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Kumar_suman
Message 2 of 11

Jump to solution

Hi @tato1231231 

Regards from McAfee. We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please let us know if any McAfee trial software is installed on your computer and also please provide the website name to assist you further on this.

Regards
Kumar

tato1231231
Contributor II
Message 3 of 11

Jump to solution

Thanks for you answer!

No McAfee software at all is installed in my pc as far as im aware.

My ISP is Movistar Argentina and the website is https://ecchi.iwara.tv/ (hentai im sorry, fan of an artist)

The website that i get redirectioned to is: http://blockpg-nadi.safezone.mcafee.com/blockpage/?ref=0af4c063fd3e42675abfaa953618a05a . And it wont let me get past it regardless of me clicking on the option "continue anyways"

Kumar_suman
Message 4 of 11

Jump to solution

Hi @tato1231231 ,

Thank you for the prompt response. Please confirm if you have McAfee extension added to the browser. Also let us know if you are able to access the website through different browser.

Regards,

Kumar

tato1231231
Contributor II
Message 5 of 11

Jump to solution

No McAfee extension on the browser.

I tried with 3 different browsers: Chrome, Firefox and Brave.

Chrome gives me an additional barrier of  "Your connection is not private"NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID.

Firefox let me through directly to the message from my ISP that i linked previously. 

Kumar_suman
Message 6 of 11

Jump to solution

Hi @tato1231231 ,

Thank you for your response. The feature which is blocking the website is Secure Home Platform. Please refer the below article to fix the issue. You can also contact your ISP for further assistance.

Secure Home Platform website reputation dispute process

McAfee WebAdvisor website rating dispute resolution process

regards,

Kumar

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

KPW
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Why is McAfee blocking websites I want to visit? Stop it!

Jump to solution

I have a MacBook Air running OS Catalina 10.15.6, running Safari 15.16.1.  As far as I know, I do not have any McAfee software installed on my computer. So, why is McAfee blocking websites?  Why is it blocking reputable websites? How do I get rid of this "service"?

Brenda01
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Re: Why is McAfee blocking websites I want to visit? Stop it!

Jump to solution

I need McAfee to stop blocking my email I have packages out of china I can’t receive because the site is blocked 

kylolololl
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Jump to solution

yes but is there a way i can just delete the secure home thingy?

Krispy
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Jump to solution

Trash

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community