Did you mean: 
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 51 of 61

Re: Mcafee WebAdvisor using 50% cpu

Jump to solution

​,

Thank you for your correspondence. My Email client has been acting up last couple of days. However I have not noticed any Spam as it's filters it rather exceptionally. I will also monitor as well.

All the Best,

-CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 52 of 61

Jump to solution

Update:

The WebAdvisor team were able to determine the cause - many thanks to those who shared logs to help us identify the problem. 

As a result, we've been able to fix the problem and have now released McAfee WebAdvisor 4.0.3.279, which you will soon receive through the standard update mechanism. 

However, if you want to update sooner, the new version can be downloaded from www.mcafee.com/mcafeewebavisor or www.SiteAdvisor.com, (Note: please use Internet Explorer to download in order to get this latest version immediately).

Please post back to confirm if this fixes the problem you are experiencing.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 53 of 61

Jump to solution

Thank you Doug!

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 54 of 61

Jump to solution

Hi Doug,

Just did a fresh install  (4.0.3.279) and everything is functioning just fine. Actually I never experienced any issues with build(266). Thanks again

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 55 of 61

Jump to solution

I might add also thank you to everyone whom contributed their personal Logs/Files. Please give Kudos to the Web Advisor team as well.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
dajiang
Contributor II
Message 56 of 61

Jump to solution

Hi Doug

Since I had already uninstalled WebAdvisor, can I also get the new version through the McAfee app using Navigation > Settings > Features > Available Features and ticking Web Protection?

Thanks

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 57 of 61

Jump to solution

As Doug mentioned you can obtain it by going to this page;McAfee WebAdvisor by Intel Security keeping in mind use Internet Explorer11 to install. Latest current Version/Build being  ( 4.0.3.279 )

I might add also, in your Web Advisor 'Settings' make sure you choose the (Middle) setting.

(Tell me a search result is safe in any Search Engine).

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 58 of 61

Jump to solution

dajiang,

While you can reinstall using Features, the update mechanism is throttled, meaning it will install .266, and it could take a while to get updated to 279 version.  I just ran a test of trying to force the update - one one machine it updated to .279 immediately, while on the other it took 9 tries to finally get the update.

IOW, Cliff is correct - the fastest way to get .279 is to download it from "mcafee.com\mcafeewebadvisor" or "siteadvisor.com" using IE.

HTH

dajiang
Contributor II
Message 59 of 61

Jump to solution

Well yesterday I ran an update without webadvisor installed or the box selected in mcafee features. This updated the virus defs etc.

Then early today I ran a full scan.

After that the 279 webadvisor was installed !

How and why I don't know.

and it has the same Affld 649.

However, all seems to be working fine.

Thanks to all that contributed

DEVA_33
Contributor
Message 60 of 61

Jump to solution

bro i have latest mcafee and webadvisor version but why it's stay high

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community